Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
dip
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy who told me that also watched a bald eagle pull a 10# carp outta indian as he argued with the park ranger that there were indeed bald eagles at indian.... same guy caught a 38# BLUE outta the GMR in lockington and saw an 88# catfish shocked and weighed by the state at kiser lake! SHEESH! I REALLY BEEN MISSING OUT! :p

·
dip
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i would be remiss in not mentioning the 47" tiger muskie he pulled outta indian. ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
shocking catfish , ??????, i have done this severall time with the 5 river metro park biologist and the system they use is the same one that the EPA uses and it very seldomly ever shocks any cat over a couple pounds , it sounds like your source of info , has his eyes turning brown , but as far as the bald eagle , i have seen a bird i thought was one , but then again driving at 50 mph, and trying to look at a bird flying is hard so i cant say for sure. but with our wild life managing programs today i wouldnt dout there is one up there in those neck of the woods

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Dip, so when did DA KING bring up these new stories :)

·
Well, Gee Whiz!
657 Posts
Man, you're always attracting the weirdos. Like the crazy giant last week that wanted to stand quietly behind us all the time. I am sure you were your pleasant self and agreed with all he said. And occationally said GOLLY!

BIl

·
Well, Gee Whiz!
657 Posts
Not really much more than that to tell. Some tall burly type guy would come over and talk to us. Then me and dip would be talking and this guy would watch our rods with us but stand uncomfortably close behind us. He was saugeye fishing on the bottom with minnows about 30 or so yards away and was saying he wasn't catching anything but wasn't near his rods long enough to know. I finally left and dip moved to another spot to get clear of him. Prob. not dangerous but it almost made your hair on your neck stand up.

Bill

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
haha thats too funny. I've talked to a guy before who claimed that in order to land one of his catfish at Fox Lake, he had to back his truck into the water untill there was water over the bed and then pull it into it.... some people have some crazy storys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts