Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

• What: Wounded Warrior Fishing Derby
  • When: Saturday Sept 21st (noon - 5pm)
    Sunday Sept 22nd (7am - noon)​
  • Where: O'Shaugnessy Reservoir​
The Adaptive Adventure Sports Coalition and OGF are seeking volunteer boaters to join us on the water for another Wounded Warrior fishing derby this September. You can volunteer for either day or both days, and it's a great way to show your support for our Veterans and their sacrifices by taking them fishing for an afternoon! All boaters will be well fed (BBQ party afterwards) and gas costs are tax deductible/expensed if you so desire. A bunch of us have been doing this for years and we encourage you to trailer up and join us!​

I'll keep a running list of boat captains here to and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.​

Boaters:
ShakeDown (both days)
Clayton Haske (both days)
Kane Godfrey (both days)
aboynamedsue (Saturday)
kmb (both days)
pan fish (both days)
jbirch (saturday)

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
Count me in, I would be honered to be a boater both days!!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thanks for setting this up! Sign me up. If I don't make it, my brother will. Its a great time, excellent guys and a good venue!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can count me in as well. I wanted to the last one back in June but the boat was in the shop much longer than expected. But, what is the "Shakedown"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shakedown is the guys name on here that posted the thread. Its the boaters list and it means he will be fishing both days of the derby.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott...just following your lead man..hope you can make it!

Birch...17 foot skeeter is fine! Any stable boat will do really...as long as it can accommodate vets with various limitations. Dave and Scott have done a great job of pairing us up based on amenities on our rigs, personalities, and fishing styles...

·
Registered
29 Posts
ha...didn't read the dudes name. That is a good one. I thought it was more of a verb. I can't make both days though only Saturday. Kids have soccer all day Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to add...as boaters, we DO provide fishing gear (rods/reels) and bait for the guys that fish with us. Make sure you have some spinning gear in the event your vet can't use a baitcaster, if that's how you roll :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shakedown I am interested in brining down my boat Saturday but I need information as far as where, ramp location, and etc. If you would like please call me at 419-679-0244. Ask for Nate

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would love to be a part of this. As a fellow veteran myself, I would love the opportunity to help someone have a great time. Unfortunately I scheduled my family camping trip in KY this weekend and wont be home. Please keep everyone updated with how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nate...as soon as I hear back from Dave @ TAASC I'll let you know...just need to get an idea of how many vets signed up!

For those of you on the list already, reminder....we're meeting at the boat ramp tomorrow at NOON, corner of Riverside Drive/Home Road. I drive a black Sierra Crew z71 pulling a maroon/tan Stratos with OGF stickers on the motor.

Please bring rain gear, fishing gear for you and your vet!! PM me if you have any questions or concerns...see you guys at noon!

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
i cant wait!!!!!! i will be stopping at r&r and getting a bunch of minnows, in case anyone needs any, i will have plenty!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shakedown thanks. I tried to call Dave twice today and he will not return my phone calls. I have a 3 hr drive one way tomorrow just to get to the lake. I would really like to help out and volunteer my time and bass boat since I have family in the military. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just wanted to thank all of you guys who volunteered your time and gear to help make this another awesome event! Your efforts were appreciated, and it was great meeting you all. I'll post some pics later and by all means share yours if you have any.

Good job on showing these Wounded Warriors a great time and respect, and thanks for representing OGF!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts