close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

would you take a paypal payment???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Jul 7, 2007.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

would you take a $300.00 payment thru paypal even if it was from someone in your local area?? why would someone prefer to pay the $300.00 thru paypal for a local purchase??

2. They probably already have that money in their account and they get a certain percent (small but every bit helps) back when they use Paypal. It would take 4 days for it to be transferred back to their checking or savings account. I would take it, I use mine like a debit card when I have money in my Paypal account....;)

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Sure, just make sure they pay the 3% fee. I normally don't charge the 3% when I sell something online, but for $300 I would.:)

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

They could also be using their "Pay Pal Buyer Credit" line. This is a credit line issued through GE Bank.

5. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Yep, I use paypal quite a bit and wouldn't find it that odd for someone to want to use it for the reasons mentioned and more.

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Paypal also protects the consumer. Maybe that is why he/she is using it. As long as you get your money, who cares for the reason.

7. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Like said above... charge him back for the 3%.

8. Van, I use mine all the time.

9. Bearing in mind that most people are honest, there is a real big loop hole in the buyer protection plan through PayPal. They will only dissallow a chargeback for non-delivery if a signature is recieved through UPS, FedEX or USPS when an item is delivered...they will not even look at a signed reciept if you get a signature when they pick-up or you deliver.

They could potentially pick-up the item and file a non-delivery report a couple weeks later and the money will evaporate from your account.

Without a signature proving delivery through a major carrier, you'll have no recourse.

10. I'd take it over a personal check any day. Especially if they have a "verified" paypal account.

Paypal protects you and the buyer.

11. freyedknot

well ,the guy came over to see the item and i declined his paypal payment plan. he seemed like he wanted to take it with him and do the paypal transaction when he got home i guess. he said it would be too late to do a cash transaction. something smelled fishy to me?

12. Problem avoided, great job protecting your self.

Also, please read the "buyer protection" policy to confirm what I posted earlier.

PayPal is VERY "buyer-centric", nothing wrong with that but as a seller, you need to be aware of the pitfalls.

I have several thousand PP transactions under my belt.

I remain a fan but try to know the territory.

13. freyedknot

there is a website with all the complaints for ebay and paypal, i have tried a disput once for a small amount and never got a response from ebay??if i find the site i will post it.

14. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Ive used it for years and had only one problem. A seller didnt send the product and wouldn't return money or mail. Paypal stripped my money from his account and I was given my money back. Paypal is a good service but their are some people you just cant avoid thats always trying to rip some one off. Also you can buy insurance to protect yourself.