Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 months of yaking I have found something that bugs me to no end. The kayak shin tan. My shins are good and dark but the back of my calfs are pale white. Amanda has took to hitting the tanning bed, I plan to keep my dignity. Lol.

Anything about yaking that bugs you?

Im bored at work ........lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Shin tan? Try shin burn. And swamp butt sucks too.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Not hitting saltwater tide right without getting stuck in mud or having to get out and drag a couple hundred yards to deeper water.

But.. the worse kind that really pisses me off is the idiots in another kayak who trolling and goes in front of me and bank while I am trying to fish the edges.

I dont wear shorts in yak. LOL!

·
Kayak Fishing
616 Posts
This just happened to me recently too...
I was on Cowan lake going up the mouth of the creek and fishing the tree laydowns as I went I was literally about 10 feet from a massive tree laydown that I was getting ready to cast into and a jon boat with a little gas powered motor chugs right by me and drops anchor right at the laydown where I was getting ready to cast. This creek is maybe 15-20 foot across at this flat section. So, I guess just dealing with all the idiots on the water would be my worst part of yak fishing.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When I first started kayak fishing back in 2000, there really weren't many doing it and long looks I got was classic! But the popularity has exploded with the advance of poor economy and along with bad etiquette.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
+1 on the idiots. I was out the other day with my dad. The local flow is literally like 6 inches in some stretches. My kayak was scraping in many spots. Then around the corner comes one guy with an outboard motor, totally tearing up his motor and the bottom dredging through! Then, it got really good- two jet-skiers come plowing through! Wow, really guys? Idiots are the worst. Some aren't idiots, but get in my way- like the people who own the piers at Kiser. Last tourny there were a couple people with big old catfish rigs just splashing those 8 inch bobbers all over the place within 50 ft of that pier. Made one of my best fishing holes pretty unavailable and worthless.

Another is wind. Makes it tough if you're on flat water.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Paddling your but off against the wind to get to your spot. Fish for hours then the wind swings around 180º and you have to paddle back in a head wind again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Kayak Fishing
616 Posts
This is the only reason i bought a yak. Had a couple big girls paddling around me at kiser couple weeks ago. I had to stop fishing.
Quit it, the only reason you stopped fishing is that you had your limit including a 20"er and 1st place in the bag....

Paddling your but off against the wind to get to your spot. Fish for hours then the wind swings around 180º and you have to paddle back in a head wind again.
the worst!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts