Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to catch some eyes for a landowner. Walleyeguy took me along Saturday night, and I didnt get so much as a tap. My boat isnt made for trolling. A 70 horse on a 500 pound boat does 2.5 minimum. Im thinking the night bite may not be my thing.

So I need some perch or eyes, gonna give her a try again this weekend. Is it too early to drag a worm on the bottom? Where do I go to do it? What depth do I fish? I think until I get used to erie I might be more comfortable fishing in the daylight...

Are there perch still biting? Any launch are better than another? I have only been out twice on Erie. Still trying to figure it out....

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
No need to troll this time of year unless you are seeking the real large fish in deep offshore water during the day. Go to Ruggles Reef and drift the 14/16 fow now. Check out the post Walleye Techniques in this forum. If you are off during the week give me a E-Mail and we will go out together and get you some walleye. If Saturday or Sunday, plan on following Walleyeguy or me.
Didn't recognize you the other day when we told you it was rough when you were heading out with your dog. Understand you decided to turn around when you saw the waves breaking over the wall. Smart move as it was too muddy to fish anyhow. Give a shout, and Owen you and I can get out in one boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts