close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

World Series

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by catking, Oct 23, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

I'll be rooting for the Cardinals, but I think the Red Sox will win it. One problem with the format. The winning league in the all star game gets home field advantage. That is nothing but BS to me. I believe the team with the best record should open at their home. I like Boston's players, but cannot stand the city and it's cry baby fans. BOO WHO. We traded Ruth and are now cursed. JEEZE US !!!!.........Boston Mass.( :rolleyes: ) Cannot think of one reson to vote for that state. Any baseball fans out there? I become one during the playoffs and World Series, but that's about it....... Would loved to have seen the Astros vs Boston.............. ~**~

2. zipperneck52

zipperneck52 fished with Noah

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I hope the sox win, but I think the Cards will.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I would have loved to see the Rocket vs The Red Sox one last time. How fitting would it have been for him to have pitched his last game in Boston? Would be have been cheered or bood?

5. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I agree, what good does it do for a team(like the Cardinals) to play their butts off all year to get the best record in all of baseball? I am rooting for the Red Sox, mostly because they kept those darn yankees out of it! Man was that the greatest comeback or the biggest choke ever?

6. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Catking, I grew up in southern Maine and lived in the Boston area for about 6 years. I was a BOSOX fan my whole life......until 1986. I was tired of being let down, so I started rooting for the worst team in the league......Cleveland. Then in the mid 90's they were good, but blew it in game 7. As far as a curse, I dont believe in that garbage. Sports are too unpredictable. I think what the SOX did to the Yankees is both the best comeback and the biggest choke ever. I think the REDSOX will SWEEP the Cardinals.

7. catking

catking Banned

Looks as if MAINAH is half way home with the sweep prediction........Hey, gotta give the 'Sox their due. Can anybody name a sporting event that can even come close to the come back from a 0-3 series like the Sox did?? It was never done. In fact, nobody ever came back from an 0-3 to make it 3-3, much less sweep and take the title. It has to be the biggest event ever in team sports.........With that said, I believe the Cardinals will win 3 at their place ;) THE CATKING !!!

8. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

It has happened twice in professional hockey

MAINAH made that "prediction" after the first two games were over.

C'mon, pay attention :cool:

9. Get your brooms ready because it looks like a sweep. I hate to say it but I think the Cardinals were a little cocky coming in to this series. You really can't count the Cards out just yet. Most people wrote the Sox off against the Yanks and they came back. I could be wrong but if Houston would have won against the Cardinals wouldn't that have been 2 teams that came back from being down 3 games and win? I wanted the Cardinals to win because they are a NL Central team with my Reds but it looks as if they watch the Reds play a little too much this season.

10. I may be going out on a limb here but I predict the Red Sox will pull it off and win their first title since 1918.

11. catking

catking Banned

Looks like a sweep. I'm awake now shulvhed :p ....DA KING !!!

12. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Same thing could happen to the sox, as what did the yanks..Would be Ironic if it did.

13. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

The Cards won the first two at home and the Astros won the next three at home also. The Cards went on to win games 6 & 7 at home to close it out. As far as a sweep, I dont care......as long as the SOX win this thing, I'll be happy.

14. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

SWEEP!!! Boston 4- straight wins. 4 straight in playoffs. Way to go Boston!!

15. Unbelievable! 8 straight games! My hat off to Boston, they REALLY wanted it all.

16. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo

17. catking

catking Banned

I wonder if Tony Larusso is the only coach to manage two diffrent teams ( Oakland '90 & Cards '04) that got swept in the world series??? THE CATKING !!!

18. Larussa is not the first to get swept twice but I believe he is the first to get swept with a team in each league!

Great job Tony! To rub some more salt in the wound, each time he was swept, the team he managed had the best record in MLB.