close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

World of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by captnroger, Dec 20, 2004.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Hey, anyone playing this? I told myself I wouldn't buy it until after I got a project done, then a buddy gives it to me for a birthday present. I never have tried an online RPG before, but I am a WC fan, so I did what any idiot would do and loaded up the game for a spin.

Now the problem is keeping me away from it :D Fortunately they did the whole, "When you come back to it you get extra experience points" thing well, so it's not like you have to play for hours on end to keep pace. A friend of mine, he plays a couple of hours a day, and I'm keeping pace with him just playing on the weekends when I can.

Anyways, if you're playing, post your server and character here so maybe we can party up together. You'll find me on most weekend nights at:

Name: Wreckingcrew
    Class: Tauren
    Race: Shaman
    Level: 16
    Server: Proudmoore
    Current Location: Crossroads

2. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

guys...i know this is an old post but i'm bringing it back

Name: Divadave
    Class: warlock
    race: gnome
    Level: 40
    Server: alterac mountains
    Current location: stranglethorn

3. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

I have spent countless hours in the game, it's more then addictive - it will consume your entire life if you let it! I'm burned out atm and anxiously awaiting Age of Conan. Too bad I'm not on the same server as you guys - I could hook u up.

Server: Duraton
    Characters: MANY
    Highest level: 70

PS captn just saw you were at crossroads... God help you survive the dreaded "Barrens Chat"! : )

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

My fair warning to those who havn't played this game DONT! Expecially if you love gaming on computers, the game in one word is ADDICTIVE. lol it was like having a second job for me. I raided from 6PM-12Midnight Sunday-Thursday when I was at my height of playing. At one point the guild I was in was ranked 7th in the USA. So yes, we were playing at "the competitive level."

I bought a house back in September 07 and decided to lay it down. The only way I could think to stop was to sell my "toon." Esox was my nickname and I played on Lothar. I got $900 bucks for my toon ( i just wanted to sell it and be done with it so that was a steal) and I never looked back :D

But I can honestly say I don't regret playing it at all. I made a lot of great friends, and got to spent time with my friends in real life that lived 3 hours away.

RIP Esox lvl 70 warrior:D
    [​IMG]

5. I never played it because I didnt want it to consume my life. I cant believe someone would pay $900 for an account, kinda makes me with I would have played it, but im sure the ammount of time that would have taken, I could have made more actually working, lol.... Hmmm sounds like a good idea for a part time job, haha.

6. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

quit the game a month ago. Had a 70 shadow priest in SSC/TK gear 1400+ dmg. 70 duel arms fury Warrior, 64 frost mage. I was the GM of our guild, you guys need any advice I have a great knowlage of the game. I gave it up for fishing this year.

7. was in a top guild pre BC and in the top guild on my server right now killed illidan like 3 months ago been farming him ever since...gets kinda boring but eh maybe i will sell my account after sunwell...but i play a 70 shaman named shats on lethon (look me up in the armory) pretty much the best gear in the game cept i need a memento and the memento wont drop again >.<. but i have a feeling i will eventualy sell my account and fish some more...=D

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ya when I quit we were on reliquary of souls, and we had long lost our world standing. Was fun when it was good, started to feel more like a job as time wore on. I would of much rather been fury, but I was I was the blood frenzy beotch :D

9. Blackdfl

Blackdfl SailfishCity.com

Actually I forgot all about this, hard to beleive considering how addictive it is, but I actually have an old account I may look to selling, send me a PM if you are interested. Let's see, it was a 70 Horde Warlock on Arthas, on that same server I also started getting bored and built 3 'twinks' for level 49 battle grounds.

I have a fully decked 49 warrior, all the goodies. A 49 druid as well, very fun to play. Easily does the damage of a rogue and has armor that put most warriors to shame. The mage wasn't quite done yet, but I think I just had to finish leveling him, already had most of the gear he needed once he reached 49. Twinks are fun.

10. yethound2002

yethound2002 Living for Tommorow

~bump~ world of warcraft = addicting i agree lol. I played it and still do, have a 70 mage on hydraxis and just started a priest on andorhal level 25 now so if anyone playes on any of them servers let me know.

11. Never played it but I have a couple of friends that have seemingly fell off the face of the earth because they are so obsessed with it. They play crazy hours almost like meth addicts or something....I'm scared to try it due to the fact that i've been known to get into gaming pretty heavily.

12. Played EverQuest when it first came out lots of years ago. That was a highly addictive game for me. I'd get 4hours of sleep a night, 6 hours on a good day. WoW wasn't as addictive for me, alot easier to walk away from.

13. yethound2002

Guess it depends what u are into. I dont get that crazy into it, my gf would kill me if i did, lol but dont be to scared to try it, as long as u play responsible then u'll be fine. Then u get into the instances and get out and almost ready to level then say to urself, hey, might as well run it really quick to get my level. Next thing u know its 3 hours later and u still havnt leveled and looking for a priest to join ur group lol. Anyways, i dont play it much when the warm weather comes around but the winter time its nice to have something to keep warm to.

14. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Too bad we don't have enough OGF'ers playing to all transfer to the same server and form a guild. "Team OGF" would rock!

15. yethound2002

haha yea. that would be sweet.

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Oh god, Team OGF... that would be scary. Might considering coming back for that.

The hardest part about finding a good team honestly is find 25 people with half a brain. Find that, and the game is ez mode and a helluva lot of fun.

17. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Fishman, I gave up on that awhile back. Most very skilled players are part of guilds that raid 3-6 times a week, and I just don't have that kind of time. The good news is there are a couple of fun 10-man instances now, and it's not hard to find a decent group.

If anyone else is interested, post here and we'll see if we can't get this thing going.

18. yethound2002

yea, not that hard to get a good group if ur staying away from the bg's lol then if ur alliance u might as well forget anything thats not alterac valley.

19. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

Alliance PvP was the worst.. I still havent gone back to the game but I remember needing a few WSG tokens and I swear it took me 2 weekends of grinding to get them. I came up with these rules for alliance pvp..

Rule #1 - If you see another alliance player run away from them, do not group up.

Rule #2- Having 1 person in charge makes no sence, to win we all need to spam /bg with orders. 10 heads are better then 1 right?

Rule #3- If you are getting camped at the GY make sure only 1-2 people rez at a time, dont wait for help thats just boring.

Rule #4- only people AFK can defend the flag, your L33T no stam all + dmg gear will scare off any horde advances.

Rule #4- Druids, Warriors and pallys should never carry the flag. Please let the rogue with 3500 health have it. They have sprint.

Rule #5- If we cant win all gather in our flag room, the horde might get bored enough to kill each other and we will win after a few hours.

Rule #6- Do not heal ever, no reason for it.

Rule #7- Buffing is not important, dont wast regents.

Rule #8- If you see a group of horde attack on site, your skills you might be able to kill em 5 on 1.

Rule #9- Decursing is a silly waste of mana.

Rule #10- The only reason horde have better pvp gear then we do is because they all hax.

20. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Leeeeeeroooooooy Jeeeeenkins ! LOL !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015