Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started a house in Aurora I drove pass a park on east mennonite rd(sunny lake park) anyone ever drop a line in there.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Was a private paylake now run by the city. It was closed for a year or two to eliminate the weeds and trash fish. It was then restocked so it should be good.

Boating Residents Non-Residents
Fishing Boat Rental 4 hour rental $10 $15
All day rental $15 $20
Paddle Boat Rental 1-hour rental $10 $15
2-hour rental $15 $20
All day (max 3 boats) $60 $90
Boat Launch Free $5

Fishing Permits
Fishing Permit Request Form
Season: March 1, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014
Resident Non-Resident

Annual Pass - Individual (Ages 10 - 65)
$15 $50
Annual Pass - Individual (Ages 66+)
Free $35
Annual Pass - Family *
$25 $85
Daily Pass - Individual (Ages 10 - 65) $5 $10
Daily Pass - Individual (Ages 66+) Free $7

* A family pass is considered to be immediate family, living in the same household with a maximum of 5 members
* Children under 10 years of age are free

ALL FISHING IS CATCH AND RELEASE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Haven't fished it this year (no pass), but believe you have to use barbless hooks (to help survival rate of fish caught). I just crimped them down with my pliers. Caught a couple pushing 4 lbs last year on black buzz baits. Really nice park. Good luck if you give it a go.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
363 Posts
you'll get a few in the evening this time of year, but if your not carefull the cats will pull rod in the water. I looked like a tard a couple of times chasing my rods 10 or 20 feet out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I go there a few times every month too. It is a nice place for LMB, Cats and Carp.
In June they had a fishing derby there (adults and kids) and I saw quite a few big fish coming out of the water. The winner was a 23" Cat. A lot of cats in the 20+" range, and some monster carp.
The rangers asked NOT to return the carps, once they are invasive and they have been trying to get rid of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brought my rod and tackle to work today, We were thinking about that place all day 3'oclock storm rolls in no fishing today. Tried to out run the rain home, got to punderson poured before we got out of the truck, hightailed it to aquilla downpoured in 5 minutes. going to my my farm pond spot now got the itch today!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts