Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I desperately need some new boots. Need to get lace up safety toe at least 8" tall for work to reimburse. What boots do you wear and why? In the past I had rockys but the last pair I got (iron clad) were junk and hurt my feet. Latest pair were wolverines In a logger style but about a year later (without too much use) they hurt my feet bad.

Are redwings worth the cost? I tried on some keens today but was leery of the $200 tag....they look nice, but Keen boots? Thought they just made sandals...

I do environmental work. Paved gas stations to construction sites to woodland hikes .... oil well pads, cow pastures, parking lot who knows...I may spend a day in the same 10 sq ft area or walk miles in rugged terrain. Never knpw what a day will bring. I may not wear them for a month then wear them 14 hrs a day for 3 weeks straight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Wide selection to choose from. From what I have seen, your going to be paying upwards of 200 for a good quality boot that will last longer then 6 months. boot down here in Central Ohio that looks good made by a company called CHIPPEWA. They are like 180.

·
Never enough time......
929 Posts
Currently steel toed wolverines are for me as the footwear of choice..........the older redwings (made 15 years ago) lasted me 2-3 years, the last pair of redwings I bought I was lucky to get 6 months out of them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Go to sears if you got one near by. They have a wide selection of work boots available. I personally like wolverines but I prefer without steel toe. I couldn't find my size however since I'm a 12 1/2 wide but found a nice pair of timberland pro hikers that seem quite nice for $135. Also check online at various company sites you will get the right size without a problem and most companies will back there product for 30 days.

promag

·
XXX
1,063 Posts
Dr. Martens dr. Martens dr. Martens . I manage a shoe store for a living and I would recommend a good pair of Dr. Marten boots. The soles are oil , fat , petrol and alkali resistant and have air pockets built into the sole called air wear technology. They will outlast other brands and are well known for making comfortable footwear. I own 12 pairs of all different styles so I am speaking of experience .

·
Registered
668 Posts
Red wings or danners. Won't go wrong with either. Spend the money and save your feet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Dr. Martens dr. Martens dr. Martens . I manage a shoe store for a living and I would recommend a good pair of Dr. Marten boots. The soles are oil , fat , petrol and alkali resistant and have air pockets built into the sole called air wear technology. They will outlast other brands and are well known for making comfortable footwear. I own 12 pairs of all different styles so I am speaking of experience .
What store would carry these? Looking for a new pair also.

·
Double lunger
1,560 Posts
Thorogoods ive been through a thousand pair and these are the best.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
598 Posts
Georgia Boots...the only ones I've found that don't hurt my feet, and I get about 2 years out of them.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
152 Posts
Over the years I've tried lots, but the best I've ever had are Red Wings. I've had my current pair for over 5 years. The most comfortabel boots by far. It's gotten to the point now where even my dress shoes for the office are Red Wings.

·
Registered
529 Posts
+1 on the Georgia's.

Had my first pair over a year now. I wear them 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week. Also wear them working in the woods on weekends. Still comfortable and looking for a new pair right now.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
...Spend the money and save your feet
Whatever boot you decide on, the above statement will hold true!

Personally, I stick with Irish Setters or Thorogoods. We wear a wedge sole in my trade, so I can't comment on their steel toe varieties. We hardly get more than a year out of a pair, and can burn a pair up the first time you wear 'em. So one thing I will do, is buy a new pair well before my current ones are trashed, (or buy 2 pairs if I trash a pair unexpectedly) so I can alternate, or have a backup, when needed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
wolverines...had a pair for hiking and fishing and a work pair...most comfortable boot ive ever worn

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Doc Martens were comfy but a bit heavy. When the sole wears down the are Über slick on snow and wet floors. Timberland Titan were comfy, light (titanium toe cap) and have lasted about 2 years of medium to med heavy duty. Heard great bungs about Danners and Georgia but never owned them. Hated Cat, Wolverine and a couple other low end brands. Spend money on boots, nothing worse than sore feet.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts