close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wood County BG Pond

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tomt43402, Aug 7, 2004.

1. A 10 acre pond in Wood County opened to public fishing on June 1, 2004...I fished there 3 times and have always caught fish, last night I caught 3 Large Mouth Bass from 13-15" and lost count on the Bluegill, which ran from 4-8", I fished for 2 hours (spent a lot of time baiting my wifes' hook), caught the Bluegill with wax worms and crawlers under a bobber, caught the Bass with a curly tail plastic salamander. The fish were not Big, but it was great fun during these dog days of summer... :D . I talked to the park ranger, who was there and he said new improvements are being planed for this pond and it has great fishing potential in the future. Here's how it works: shore fishing only, no ice fishing, swimming or boats, the grass is mowed around the pond, there is a picnic table, trash cans, and a portapotty located on the grounds, there are numerous clearings for fishing access aroung the pond and you can cover lot of water by just walking around. All species caught must be released, exept Bluegill. You can get more info from the Wood Count Park District by calling 419-353-1897. It's located at Route 6 & I-75 in Bowling Green, Wood Couty, Ohio. Here's how to get there: From I-75 get off at Route 6 and go West to Dunbridge Road, turn North on Dunbridge and go to Gypsy Lane Road and turn West on Gypsy Lane Road and look for the driveway entrance where the Wood County Health Dept. building is (Just before Gypsy Lane goes over I-75), turn in the drive, there is a stop sign, go thru that and back to the Community Correction Center, go to the end of the parking lot and parking is permitted there, you will see the green portapotty and directly behind that as you walk back you will see the pond and the Wood County Park District Sign...Happy Fishing :D

2. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

3. One small correction in the directions....
    Instead of going west on Route 6, I believe that you need to go east. Regardless, this information is much appreciated. I had wanted to fish there for a while, but I thought it was private.

Trane

4. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Here is an old saying that I love. It can be applied not only to fishing, but anything in life....
    "Catch a man a fish, you feed him for one day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."
    Just a thought I had after reading your post.....

Reel Lady (Marcia)

5. Thank you TRANE for catching that...it is east on route 6...also, if anyone is planning to go, please be aware that there are chiggers out there...I put my pant legs inside of my socks and spray bug spray with deet on my clothes and don't have any problems...I haven't been bitten yet by mosquito either! fished again last night, no bass, but losts of bluegill...others were catching bass and were proud of it...good for them...:)

6. UncleBud

UncleBud Retired and Happy

Stopped at the pond yesterday to check it out. Really nice. I noticed one thing though. They changed the name of the road from Dunbridge road to County Home road. Then when you get to Gypsy Lane rd., the County Home rd changes back to S. Dunbridge rd. Always changing things, it seems.
    And it's true about the chiggers. Wife and I just walked part way around and picked up a few. Man, can they itch!!! Got home and broke out the nail polish. It's a quick way to get rid of them.

7. irishfisherman

Did u have much luck with catches UncleBud ?

8. UncleBud

UncleBud Retired and Happy

Did'nt fish any. Was on way to Toledo and just stopped to check it out. Will go later in next week or two.

9. irishfisherman

I hope to head up there myself sometime pretty soon, let me know how you get on..

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like a really nice place to fish!