close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wood carving diarama @ Kames!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jeff-bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. For those who don't know, there is a diarama of a underwater scene all carved out of wood. Walleye, perch, sucker, even the rocks are carved out of wood. It is made by a fellow who is raffling it off with the money going to help childrens cancer fund (I think) something good of course. Tickets are $1.00 a piece and the scene has been appraised at $3000 to $4000. While at Kames look around to see they have really been expanding their fishing department-back to the old days when it was worth the trip!

2. When does this raffle happen?

Kames is a great place imo. Just a haul from where I live.

For anyone who goes near Ak/Canton Airport....or near Canton.....this place is worth checking out.

3. I'm pretty sure the drawing is in September not sure about the date. If we can "throw around" $15-$20 lures I think we could spend a couple bucks for a good cause, plus that artwork is awesome!!!!!!!!

4. That's funny you posted this - I was just in there yesterday. I work like 3 doors down from Kame's - I could walk there if I wanted........

This carving is amazing - great detail and everything. I thought it was "manufactured" at first, until I saw where it said "hand carved" and couldn't believe it.

I haven't been in Kame's in several years - and was surprised yesterday at how much fishing stuff they've got now. I went in for a measuring board and weigh in bag - which they only had the clear ones..........little upset about that. Price was higher than Gander Mtn. too........but oh well.

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I used to like Kames. I forget about them now due to the National Chains have lower prices.

flash-----------------------------out

6. I try and go there and support the local guy. I have found they have some things that are more and some less. I purchased half of the stinger spoons I own there. I usually check there first, and only buy it from the chains if they don't have it. I'll be going to see this and buy some tickets.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I've been frequenting Kames again too since they brought back a real fishing dept that has stock past May.
    They used to order in the spring and as the summer wore on the shelves became emptier and emptier.
    But they recommitted themselves to the fishing dept and are keeping inventory all summer long.

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thats good news. I'm going to have to get over there and check out the display. !%

9. where is this place?