Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nothing but Fly Gear
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on hitting the Chagrin this fall for steel, Being I live in Springfield I was wondering if someone who cross's it on a daily basis would be willing to P.M. a cell # so I could text them and get river conditions before I drive up. I know about the web sight that gives flow and such but don't want to drive up if its muddy.....I would only send a text 1 day before a planned trip up..thx in advance...I could return the favor if someone wanted to fish the Mad..Keith

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
I can do the grand chagrin I may be able to help with some. My coworker crosses it on way home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
That's the biggest problem with steelhead fishing if you don't live close. It's a lot harder to make a spur-of-the-moment 3-4 hour drive to go up and fish. Especially if you have a job and are not a drag on the economy. :)
My job is always getting in the way of my fishing time. :)

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
1,819 Posts
I cross the Rocky almost every day. I'd be happy to give you good info.
I will be staying at the Bellefontaine YMCA camp with 2 of my daughters on Oct 25-27. I was hoping to talk them into fishing the Mad with me. I have never fished it but would like to. Let me know if we can help each other out.

By the way, I wouldn't be disappointed by muddy rivers. Last year I started to target the Rocky when the level is right regardless of water clarity and my best days were the muddy days. I also caught my biggest ever last year in 4 inches of visibility. I had another muddy day when I caught 10 feisty steelhead in less than 2 hours after work. Swinging big dark flies has become more fun. And the crowds are no where to be seen when the river is muddy.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I live in, and work in chagrin falls. More than willing to keep you updated. I'll send you a pm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Nothing but Fly Gear
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in, and work in chagrin falls. More than willing to keep you updated. I'll send you a pm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thx ...got it....sent one back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts