close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolf Run

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FloridaFishTransplant, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Thinking about hitting Wolf Run on the 4th. I have a boat any tips on what to fish for and how to fish for it ? Thanks

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Finally!!! A post that isn't Tappan or Piedmont!!

I fished Wolf Run a couple weeks ago and did alright. We fished from about 3pm to 8pm. Most of the action didn't start until 6 though.

I fished a finesse worm quite a bit, and also threw a Roadrunner on my ultralite tackle and caught a few good Largemouth Bass. The trouble with a lot of the lake is that it is overrun with some kind of foliage (milfoil possibly?). I had the most luck in the cove beside the buoys that mark a rock or something. Its on the west side of the lake I believe. You can't miss it.

Good Luck out there, and give us an update on your results!
    Jason

3. I talked to a couple guys last week that come to Wolf Run for a week every year. They just love the Trout fishing there. They said they catch some huge ones. I don't know how they do it ? but this guy said they eat trout all week and take home what there allowed.
    I don't hear much at all about the Trout fishing in this lake except for the time and week after each year they dump in a load of them.
    Anyone else go to Wolf Run for the Trout in the summer time ???