close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolf Creek Park

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShoreBoundOne, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Have any of you guys fished there for smallies or Channels? Its on the Sandusky river near Tiffin. I was driving by the other day and stoped to look at the water....it was definetely up from the rain but i'm betting this summer it will be a good place to wade. They have a small campground too.
    If anyone here has fished it before, let me know how ya did.

Mitch

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

I been wondering the same thing... I go by it alot and have checked it out in the summer, just never fished it... it looks like a great smallie and catfish spot.

3. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

I agree...we will have to hit it this summer.

Mitch

4. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

I use to catch allot of smallies and channel catfish around wolf creek park during the summer, but there's so many conoe's in that part of river anymore, it's hard to fish, but the fish are still there. try a 3" original floating rapala.
    Good Fishin

5. weve fished that area for channels never caught anything of size. more bullheads through there it seemed. the river is shallow throughthat area with some spots with drop offs, there is alot of current in there as well and tons of snags from it being shallow. alos lots of canoes coming back from tiffin to borken paddle.

my buddy fishes there once in awhile for bass he has caught a few largemouth and a couple smallmouth and even some rock bass in that area.

we have tried for crappie but have had no luck i guess it how much you know when it comes to crappie fishing.

good luck