Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Conservation,the best story that's never told
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were having a couple of beers yesterday talking about urban legends and wives tales.

Anybody got any good ones to share ?

I laughed at a few but one of the more stupid ones was that Gary Colmen ate the candy pop rocks and drank Coca-Cola
and it blew up in his stomach

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Putting salt on a bird's tail won't keep 'em from flying. I think that was Grandma's way of keeping us busy for a few hours when she was watching us...

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
We were having a couple of beers yesterday talking about urban legends and wives tales.

Anybody got any good ones to share ?

I laughed at a few but one of the more stupid ones was that Gary Colmen ate the candy pop rocks and drank Coca-Cola
and it blew up in his stomach
It wasn't Gary Coleman it was the kid who played 'Mikey' in the commercials...at least that's the one I always heard.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
If you swallow watermelon seeds wtrmlns will grow in youre stomach
Swallow chewing gum and youre but will blow bubbles

·
Registered
118 Posts
It wasn't Gary Coleman it was the kid who played 'Mikey' in the commercials...at least that's the one I always heard.
That's the one I grew up hearing too

·
Conservation,the best story that's never told
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE="Shad Rap, post: 3072662, member: 25245"]
[/QUOTE]
Whatchew takin bout shad rap ? lol

I guess i got them confused,they were just about the same height

·
Registered
466 Posts
Grandma told us to salt on the birds tail, just to get us out of the kitchen. Grandpa would then say, "If you can get that close you can catch 'em by hand."

·
The end is near
7,037 Posts
If the sun shines while it's raining, there's a good chance it'll rain the same time tomorrow.
Take note when you hear the first cicada and fast forward 90 days, that might be the first frost. I've found it's usually mid to late June. Although this year who knows?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Dad always said if you can sprinkle salt on the night crawlers tail he won't get away.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That storing your boat battery on a concrete floor will cause it to drain.

reelylivinsportfishing.com
That was true of old battery designs especially if they were dirty. Dirt (carbon) is a good conductor of electrons.

Dad always said if you can sprinkle salt on the night crawlers tail he won't get away.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
They’ll melt, though. Ever pour salt on a slug?

What about “if you keep doing that you’ll go blind!”?

Or “if you keep making that face, it’ll stay like that!”?

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,495 Posts
If she heard a robing just singing its butt off in mid-afternoon in the Summer, she would say that it was "singing for rain". In other words, it would rain that evening. That's actually worked more times than not for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts