close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wishfull Thinkin ???

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by papaperch, Feb 3, 2005.

1. I would love to see the software developers come up with a map program. One that you could feed a scanned contour map into the program , and it would buzz and whiirl and mark on the map the top 10 best spots on the map to have a go at. Of course the more specific the info time of year, most recent weather pattern , species of fish desired etc etc. I would buy something like this before any game. To me it would be highly enjoyable to compare the info to a lake I knew and see how useful it would be it trying to conquer a new one.

I firmly believe that quite a few of us fishermen pros and amateurs alike would jump on something like this, What do the rest of you think ?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Are you talking about something that would take your personal markings from one lake, and find "like" areas on the fly on another?

3. No, it would be based on something like in-fisherman or buck perrys theory on fish location. The program then would use that as a basis to recommend a spot on the map . Of course an accurate map would be essential. To me it would be a rather simple program as compared to some of the games that are being distributed right now. The amount of info needed for what I envision would probably be only 10 % of what some of these programs. Like I said before you would scan the map into your computer and the program would make its recommendations based upon sound fishing theory.