close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wish I had a camera!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, May 21, 2004.

1. After reading wackyworm's post about the fast action on Wednsday, I decided to give into the fishing itch I had. I went out this morning from 9:30 to 10:45 to a local pond and was rewarded big-time. The water was stained with some visibility along shore. THere is moss or some other junk along the bank about 2 feet out, which seem to hold the bass. I started throwing a jointed Rapala without any luck. I picked up the other rod with the 6 inch watermellon seed lizard and threw to along bank next to moss point.
    I got a couple of hits without hooking up, so I threw back again. Started reeling lizard fast when it got to grass and a bass exploded on it. Hesitated a second, set the hook, my pole bent, and the fish took off. It made a jump and landed like a sack of potatoes, so I loosened up the drag. I got it in and then it went into the moss a couple feet away. After a minute or so, got it next to me and reached down and pulled out a very big bass. It went 5.5 pounds and 20 inches. Not bad for the first fish of the morning.
    I went on fishing and landed 8 more bass on the lizard, all from 14 to 18 inches. The rest were all found next to the moss and a few still had messed up tails. I would suggest getting out if you can. THe bass seem to be hitting if you find the right lure!

2. Sounds like you did pretty good doug

I'm trying bass and not having much luck, I need to get to the right place at the right time I guess

good job