Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading wackyworm's post about the fast action on Wednsday, I decided to give into the fishing itch I had. I went out this morning from 9:30 to 10:45 to a local pond and was rewarded big-time. The water was stained with some visibility along shore. THere is moss or some other junk along the bank about 2 feet out, which seem to hold the bass. I started throwing a jointed Rapala without any luck. I picked up the other rod with the 6 inch watermellon seed lizard and threw to along bank next to moss point.
I got a couple of hits without hooking up, so I threw back again. Started reeling lizard fast when it got to grass and a bass exploded on it. Hesitated a second, set the hook, my pole bent, and the fish took off. It made a jump and landed like a sack of potatoes, so I loosened up the drag. I got it in and then it went into the moss a couple feet away. After a minute or so, got it next to me and reached down and pulled out a very big bass. It went 5.5 pounds and 20 inches. Not bad for the first fish of the morning.
I went on fishing and landed 8 more bass on the lizard, all from 14 to 18 inches. The rest were all found next to the moss and a few still had messed up tails. I would suggest getting out if you can. THe bass seem to be hitting if you find the right lure!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sounds like you did pretty good doug

I'm trying bass and not having much luck, I need to get to the right place at the right time I guess

good job

1 - 2 of 2 Posts