close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wire benders ?

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by -C-IMP, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Hey Guys,
    Considering buying a wire bender, any experience with these ?

2. C IMP- why buy one when if you have a 5/8 bolt, a hacksaw and file, you can make one? If you only want a few harnesses, this is what I use, if you want to make heaps then buy a 'rolls royce', grown up's one, they say they are pretty good.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Cut a slot with you saw (see above), the full length, and to centre, this slot should be just a bit wider than your wire- if using really thick wire try using two saw blades in the hacksaw

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    This is not all straight forward, you may have to do SOME tinkering, such as putting a 'back bend' on the standing part (wire) so it will feed straight into the turner. These wraps look a bit short in the pictures, but you can make perfect wraps 1" long if you want. I could not get any more pic's, I have left my camera at work- I used .9mm hard staino wire here.pete

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. I have a Hagen's bender....great product and it cost a lot of money....and I end up doing all my bends and loops with vice grips and round nosed pliers because that's how I learned. I never could get the nack of the bender...but that's me....Nice tutorial Pete!

Rod