Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was a decent day. Those fish were so hungry that one of my friends had to call me after he caught about 30 by 10:00 am and decided to take a rest. They were hitting white zoom flukes, live shad , dead shad nightcrawlers,chicken liver,3 " pearl twisters, 7.5 in Culprit Ribbon tail worms,and Littlemiamijeff decided to show up and get a few on some Gizz 4's.As for Jeffs' experience; He had one worn out and ready to land, about a 10 lber when out of the blue a fellow decides to lend him a hand without being asked. The guy grabs his line out of the blue and a very nice fish escapes. So please ask if someone needs your help. People have good intentions for the most part but you don't grab a 10lb Hybrid by the line. That will be a disaster most of the time. Besides , that line can be painful. Another fellow had his 4 fish limit on a stringer that wasn,t secured. Guess what? 4 fish gone. Probably end up trying to eat each other

Attachments

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Dave, I'll never forget that guy grabbing that line............. :confused:
I'm going to have to come back and catch that wiper again, would love to get my Gizz4 back! ;)
What can we do to keep the water at about 23-24? might keep that corner from getting too crowded! :D
LMJ

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Just pray for rain and talk to the Corps at Meldahl and have 'em close all the gates down there and keep her backed up:B

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
My wife's cousin just landed a job at Meldahl as an electrician, maybe he could short circuit something and keep the level up!
From your post on the OR I can see how the level being BELOW the walkway would be a frustration, net with a long handle I guess.
LMJ

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, and that can be dangerous. Last May my sister and brother-in-law were fishing with us and I hooked one on a Redfinand he was lying on the sidewalk trying to get a net under it and the lure came loose from the fish and came out and landed right in the side of his throat. Had to go to Urgent Care to have it removed. He was back fishing though. Just wait til people start using lead spoons and setting the hook and missing. Talk about some flying lead!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Dave you must work 3rds or you drink too much coffee! ;)
Sounds like it'll get crowded and crazy soon there, especially with all the forum talk.
Guess that's how it goes when the fish all concentrate at the dams.
I'm convinced now the turbines at Meldahl will be a bonus, once the work is completed.
LMJ

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
great fish, i have no time to fish, and when i do its not much time. someone give up some names of bait shops that sell the gizzy4. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts