close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wiper Question

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Baitkiller, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

Guys and Gals

My wife and I will be fishing the Ohio River this Sunday Flatheading most of the time.

:confused: I never fished for the Wipers there and I see them breaking the water all the time now. WHAT ALL DO THEY BITE ON PLEASE.

Thanks for all the help.

<><Baitkiller><>

2. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I mostly use minnow imitators. Spinner baits (chartruse and black), inline spinners, spoons, Rapala original, etc. Almost like bass fishing, but you just have to find them :)

I hear Sassy Shad are really good too, but I have not tried it myself.

Good luck on the river, let us know how you do.

3. I HAVE USED CHARMIN FOR MY WIPERS..WORKS GOOD FOR ME.. :p :D

4. When they are breaking they will hit almost anything, but one of my favorites is a shad colored chug bug.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

Thanks for the info guys.

Man was it windy on the Ohio River and did not get a chance to try for the Wipers. We did get 3 Flatheads though.

Thanks Again.
    <><Baitkiller><>

6. lunkerhuntin

lunkerhuntin Todd McCollister

Try A jigging spoon that best matches the size of shad or possibly emerald shiner they are keyed in on. Cast past the breaking fish, hold your rod tip high and pump the dickons out of it so that the spoon almost breaks the surface and then flutters down a few feet repeating the process. Make sure your drag is set light cause at times they'll move at superaquanic speed in the opposite direction of your rod and really put the old mono to the test. I've lost some goodens that way. :eek: :eek: