Winton Woods

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by LSLancer, Aug 19, 2008.

1. I plan on fishing there tomorrow morning near the bait shop...any ideas about what type of bait I should is working for carp and cat, and what type of fish I will most likely encounter???

Thanks.

2. I know it's a little late, but I worked all day. Anyway there are some nice fish in that area. If you like bluegill, carp, bullheads, channels(yes we finally found them), crappie, and even the occasional bass, you can find them all in that area. As with any other kind of fishing you need to know bait type, presentation, time of day, and the right spot. What I can tell you is that bread, hot dogs, and night crawlers sitting on the bottom works great in that area if you're into bottom dwellers. Although I can't tell you my hot spots, I will say that you shouldn't try one spot all of the time...even if you find fish. They appear to be moving as the weather is changing. If you have the advantage of fishing as often as I do(2-5 nights a week) you can locate different species any day.
    Evenings work better(or at least for us it does). One last thing I wouldn't recommend lures in there either. With the water down snags are becoming more of a problem and fish don't really appear to go for them that much in the bank fishing area.

So have fun and let us know how you do/did.