Winton Woods Tournament Results?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by soua0363, May 11, 2008.

1. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

To those that fished the tournament at Winton Woods on Saturday, what was the final weigh in? My brother and I did not catch anything the entire day. We threw everything we had and still came up with nothing. Our only highlight was when my brother fell into the lake trying to retrieve his crankbait that he tossed into the tree. :) We went back to the boathouse around 12:30 and we left because my brother was soaked and he wanted to change.

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Winner had 8 for 15 lbs. 2nd 6 for 12lbs. 3rd 4.5lbs only 12 teams weighed in fish out of 32. I didn't weigh in anything. That was the toughest I have ever seen Winton fish, although someone figured them out. The lake dropped 2 ft in less than 24 hours combined with a front, bluebird skies and some bass on beds and it was a disaster. We got two bites all day. One from a 3 lb on a bed that just moved the bait and never got to the hook, and I lost a 14" at 12:45 on a jig. I was extremely disapointed as WW is my favorite lake and I can't remember any day as tough as this in the 7 years I have been fishing it.

3. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

We tried about everything...shakey head, jig and pig, jigs with soft plastics, wacky worm, swim senko, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, buzzbaits, frogs, weightless plastic worms, walking the dog, jitterbug...etc.

It was the toughest day of fishing for me. Hopefully, we'll fare better at the next tournament.

4. fishmasterflex

fishmasterflex Fish Master

We didn't weigh in either. I knew it was gonna be a bad day when the bluegill started biting the flaps off my crawfish trailers. We didn't get one bite all day. I hate that lake and i cant believe those two caught the limit out of there. They also were the ones who caught the limit at whitewater so i gotta give them props. I knew from when i fished it a week before the tournament that there wouldn't be more fish pulled out than at whitewater.

5. Bassnpro1

I prefished the lake on Friday and I thought that it was going to take 12-15 lbs, but I thought that everyone was going to catch them. Of course on Friday the lake was 2 ft higher and it was cloudy and pre-front. We fished without hooks and had 6-9 bites that were certainly bass with many more that could have been(or those stupid green sunfish) and this was in 2 hrs. Oh well I'll see everyone at Whitewater home of the dinks

6. How Are Those Tournies Ran? Do I Have To Use There Jon Boats? I Have Always Been Interested Just Not Sure How They Were Run.

7. Bassnpro1

yes you have to use their jon boats. It is included in the $40 entrance fee. They are a well run tournament with some good fishermen. Most people use a cooler with an aerator for a livewell.