close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winton Woods Report 4/10

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bassnpro1, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I hit winton woods for crappie last sat. and did pretty decent. I was with my g/f(feeshybass on here) and her little brother. we were fishing with little crankbaits and beetlespins. We prolly caught 25 or so crappies and kept 7 over 9" Biggest was 12" and was caught by feeshybass of course. I just can't seem to outfish her :rolleyes: We also caught 5 or 6 bluegills and two bass. Those little crankbaits are awesome for big crappie! maybe next time we can hang some monsters,

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Kevin !! Thanks for the report from your home lake. Your girl also fishes :eek: Lucky guy. Anyways, I caught my very first fish out of Winton Woods using a cane pole. It was a sucker about a foot long. Can't remember how old I was, but it's been awhile :D That isn't bad crappie fishin there. Hey, do you ever fish SharonWoods Lake? CATKING.

3. Bassnpro1

I fish all of the hamilton county park lakes quite often. Sharon woods isn't what it used to be for bass. You can still catch good numbers of them but not the size anymore. I have fished bass tournaments on all of them since I was 15, and know them pretty well. Sharon is better for cats than most people think. There have been some big blues and flats stocked in there. Isabella is also excellent for Bass b/c nobody fishes for them. It just costs too much to buy a ticket and rent a boat to get after them. Some huge bass are in there. Any questions about any of the park lakes and I will either have the answer or get it, b/c of the friends that I have who work and fish there their whole lives.

4. Bassnpro1

Also there were others out crappie fishing and they were just using minnows. They caught around 30 or so and kept them all. They had maybe one fish that went 9" and that was the mininum that I would allow myself to keep them. Some people never learn.