Winter Wonderland Fishing!

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Yesterday headed out with the dog to go exploring and possibly fishing but temps in the morning were a Minus 5 gerees so I wasn't sure if I find anything to fish. Got to my desination and check out the creek area and looked promising seeing fish on the bottom of pools! Got my gear together and me and the dog started out late but it was warmer at 19 degrees. Still cold but my second drift produced a a rainbow with colors I hadn't seen in other parts of this creek! Absolutly stunning but didn't have the camera due to temps. Fished for about an hour after many dunking catchingand releasing bows and my finers were at the point where I can't feel them and with dog shivering and made it back to the jeep to warm up and decided we will back the next morning! Glad I did! 2nd day was much warmer 39 degrees this time but I knew the snow melt will make it colder and put off the fishing which it did around 1pm. fished til 2 pm, caught a lot of nice bows and quite a few fallfish including a 16 1/2 incher! Got the pictures the 2nd day so Enjoy the pictures!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WhoolyBugger

WhoolyBugger grateful thread

Great shots! Some very colorful bows. You are truly lucky to have 1 a sweet trout stream and 2 a loyal companion in the pooch that seems to be facinated by the fish. Keep it up!

3. nice fish! your dog sure has an eye on those fish

4. As always, VERY nice pics! When I see one of your posts, I know it will be worth opening.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Mike

5. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Thanks for comments fellas! As for the dog, oh yea she want a piece of them fish as always, but not everytime!