close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winter steelhead fishing...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by peple of the perch, Dec 31, 2008.

1. I am going to hit the rivers for the first time in a while in the next few days. I was hoping that you guys could help me out and give me your honey holes.:):D Just kidding I was actually hoping you guys would help me out with the patterns that the steelies are in right now. I believe they should be holding in deep pools for their winter hideout, but am not entirely sure.I'll probably be on the grand or chagrin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. They should be in the deep holes. Try to find the deepest with some flow that you can that aren't frozen over. If the Grand is fishable by the time you go, hit that because it's been much better than the Chagrin this year when it has been fishable. You can't go wrong with spawn, jig and maggots, and big minnows in the winter time. Also, don't be in a hurry to get their at first light. Give the water time to warm up and also let the slush burn off.