Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any information on pike fishing locations this time of year. I'm going to be fishing from shore.. I'm from the Cleveland area. I have been at it for awhile now and havent had the first hit.. I am guessing wrong place or wrong lures.. any advice would be a blessing

·
Tall Tales Bait and Tackle
433 Posts
Hi Danny,

We have some customers that particularly target pike right before ice on and right after ice off. Now with the temperatures we have had, it hasn't made it easy, but those are ideally the conditions. Most successful times are late February-March They catch them not far from our shop about 2 miles from us near the Rockhill/Greenbower area. Most are caught on jigs/spinners, but actually drop shotting has become more and more popular for them. They are all fishing from shore with light or medium light action rods. I'm not as familiar with spots near Cleveland but do know there are a few other areas around us to target them, but those are the best times and spots local to us.

Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Danny,

We have some customers that particularly target pike right before ice on and right after ice off. Now with the temperatures we have had, it hasn't made it easy, but those are ideally the conditions. Most successful times are late February-March They catch them not far from our shop about 2 miles from us near the Rockhill/Greenbower area. Most are caught on jigs/spinners, but actually drop shotting has become more and more popular for them. They are all fishing from shore with light or medium light action rods. I'm not as familiar with spots near Cleveland but do know there are a few other areas around us to target them, but those are the best times and spots local to us.

Good luck!
If you don’t mind me asking what body of water are you talking about and would they be biting now?

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
I'm looking for any information on pike fishing locations this time of year. I'm going to be fishing from shore.. I'm from the Cleveland area. I have been at it for awhile now and havent had the first hit.. I am guessing wrong place or wrong lures.. any advice would be a blessing
Try any of the Lake Erie Harbors... E55th for example. There have been some monsters caught there.

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
Intercity Yacht Club.... A guy named "Factual" used to catch some nice pike in Cleveland.

·
grip master
774 Posts
Danny... You're sit'in on the Grand River.... Not my business...But I would go fish some Steel Head

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do hit the grand up for the steelhead. Actually I just came out of the water lol. But it's really all I have fished for since I moved up here from southeast tennessee.. I have always wanted a northern and a muskie. I have the outfits for both species except knowing places to fish and the techniques to fish for them.. I have seen many people and sites say west branch east branch mosquito... But have you ever tried to fish for a fish you have never seen in person just read about and have 200 miles of shore line to fish? I'm lost:(.. I'm just another fisherman that love the sport that have a bucket list.. I dont keep anything it's all to learn and have fun.. who knows one day someone or a kid could ask me the same question I'm asking and I'll be here I help them out...

·
433 Posts

·
433 Posts
A few years back there was an infestation of pike coming up through the mahoning at greenbower. You literally couldn't keep them off your line. Haven't caught any there since but i don't target them specifically.
That's the area I'm speaking about. It has days where it is loaded.

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's the area I'm speaking about. It has days where it is loaded.
Ill have to dig through some pictures but 8 or 9 years ago Berlin flooded so bad that water was almost up over greenbower. I was literally snagging northerns with a rooster tail almost every cast.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I do hit the grand up for the steelhead. Actually I just came out of the water lol. But it's really all I have fished for since I moved up here from southeast tennessee.. I have always wanted a northern and a muskie. I have the outfits for both species except knowing places to fish and the techniques to fish for them.. I have seen many people and sites say west branch east branch mosquito... But have you ever tried to fish for a fish you have never seen in person just read about and have 200 miles of shore line to fish? I'm lost:(.. I'm just another fisherman that love the sport that have a bucket list.. I dont keep anything it's all to learn and have fun.. who knows one day someone or a kid could ask me the same question I'm asking and I'll be here I help them out...
Get ahold of me. Im no expert but defiantly can show you some good spots to try.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Those are pretty fat looking Pike for not being all that long Especially the bottom one No Hammer Handles there Been feeding well Pike are very tasty

1 - 20 of 40 Posts