Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Wishin' I was fishin'
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to plan some river time in the next few days so I was checking the weather and it looks like towards the end of next week they are calling for highs in the teens! That should make the hard water fellers happy, however I see some down time coming for those of us afflicted with Chrome Fever (its a real disease, just ask my wife). So my question of the day is, what do you fellers do in your off seasons? I started tying my own maribou jigs last year which I really enjoy. I would really like to take a shot at making my own rods, but the start up cost is intimidating.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
There is no off season. It's either duck/goose hunting or fishing. It takes time switching the boat back and forth from hunting to fishing. This year it's even worse with the three new Tohatsu's to set up. If I am not working on boats it's decoys or rod's and reels. Keeping 30+ reels calibrated is a job in itself much less keeping up maintenance on engines trailers and the truck to tow the boats around. I can't wait for some early walleye or steelhead. I am pulling what little hair I have left out setting up the new engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts