close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

winter fishing

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dagofisher, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Do you guys do anything different other than wear more/warmer clothes in the winter? What techniques do you use? What type of lures....all this is coming from a guy who spent the last 15 yrs in southern California. Any advice would be helpful.

2. If this weather pattern keeps up, you may not have to worry about it.

3. Yeah thanks to global warming its goan be 50 in december so dont worry bout the ice. Tell ya what the water felt real good yesterday wading in a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. If the water was about 10 degrees cooler it would have felt even better.

4. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Last year when it finally did get cold, I was fishing the same baits and techniques in driving snow when I could hardly see and catching fish :) I think by the time the water really cools down I'll probably slow down too or just switch to sauger!

CW

5. If you fish the river you'll find it hosts many power plants. These plant have yes you guessed it "WARM WATER DISCHARGES". Remember the saying where there's bait there's fish. Try it You'll Like It
    Saugerman10

6. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

Just go big and slow down and you'll catch bass around here in the winter.