close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winslow is holding out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flathunter, Jul 31, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Kellen Winslow rejected a contract today by the browns that would make him the highest paid tight end in the nfl..I knew this would happen when we drafted the soldier. :mad:

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Everyone should have known that was coming bescause he picked rooster-sucker Poston as his agent. That is why the Redskins drafted Sean Taylor right in front of him. They wanted Winslow too, but did not want to deal with that scum-sucking agent.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I agree. If he doens't take the offer I'd let him sit for a year with no money. He is going to be nothing but problems. He's a great player, but not worth the headache.

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

as soon as the first two picks sign everyone else will follow suit. Happens every year.

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I agree captnroger, except in Winslows case. To be offered to be the highest paid TE in the NFL and turn it down. There are better and proven TE in the league. Plus he is all attitude. I was dissapointed with him as our first pick. Without a line they will go nowhere any way. Allthough I have been wrong before. We will see.

6. Dingo

Dingo

"as soon as the first two picks sign everyone else will follow suit"

This one 'feels' different. Manning is signed (1), so is Gallery and the pick above Winslow. That should be enough. Our pick was in line, but his agent says that "he should have been a number 1", so he wants the money to reflect where they think he should have been picked.

This is he guy who will get Butch Davis out of town. Wasted the first two picks on a problem child. I'm sure Lerner (owner) loves this one.

7. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I guess it would be worth it if Butch is gone!!!! All the great coaches that were available in the past few years and we chose him? We should have went after the head coach in Cinci. Instead of cinci being the worst team in the division they will be the best or right on Balt. heals.

8. tsk tsk tsk...
    So many have crystal balls LOL
    Its all about "show me the $$$" so we may as well go with the flow...
    Produce and all is forgiven don't and we're in the norm for the Browns ;)

9. catking

catking Banned

This is the kind of crap that ruined baseball. Give me more money than the next player :rolleyes: I say, if you are drafted by an NFL team, you must play for them , if offered the money within the going rate. I'm sick of idiots like Winslow dictating when and for how much they will play for. Let them sit for a couple years, then go out and get a $5 job an hour, since for the most part,they wasted their college days and didn't get educated. CATKING

10. I hear you ... only thing is thoughs who can do something about don't...

11. what is Tony Gonzalez thinking? Gonzalez is the leagues best TE and he is a proven pro-bowler. Winslow is an unproven rookie. Winslow gets offered more money then Gonzalez makes and he turns it down.

12. This guy scored ONE stinkin' touchdown last year on a team that was built for offense. If being the highest paid TE in NFL history isn't enough, I don't know what will be. This may end up being a wasted pick.

13. they will sign him in week 8, browns bye week. the browns will be 3-4 and lacking in offense. they will deside to pay him because they think he will help the team make a second half play-off run.

14. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

They had the NFL draft already?

I totally agree with catking. As a former season ticket holder for the Browns for a number of years I was either at the "old" stadium on Sundays or I had my radio tuned to the game when we were hiking the metro parks fall hiking spree on Sunday's.
    Then the MLB went on strike in '94 as the Indians were battling the White Sox for the American League (National??? I don't remember). "Well, at least we have the Browns" I used to say.
    Then Art pulled that *&*^%^##%in the fall of '96 proving once again that professional sports don't give a rat's #%#$^%$ about fans or their home city.
    They call it "professional" sports for one reason. Surely not because the players act in a professional manner. Many do, most don't. They call it that because they all are in it for the money. "SHOW ME THE MONEY".
    I haven't been back since the 96-97 football season. '94 for baseball. That's my choice. Don't watch it on TV either.
    By the way. Is this new Kellen Winslow related to Kevin Winslow of the San Diego Chargers in the 80's?

15. Thats his father...

16. Was he drafted because he is a good football player or was he drafted because he came from Miami and we all know Butch's connection with Miami. I think we should send both Butch and Kellen packing and move on with our season. Offer me $30,000 a year ($5,000) more than I make now and I will lace up my cleats and stand on the side lines or hell I will even go play and have my head taken off. This was always a dream of mine to play professional baseball or football. Next he will be crying because his locker is in the back corner of the locker room instead of in the front where everyone can see his face. Makes me want to stop watching and routing for all professional sports.

17. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Well said in regard to letting this crybaby, attitudinal wimp stay out of his"profession" for a while. I thought his dad had better taste than to steer his son to this agent. Oh well, there goes another draft pick and season down the drain. Too much ammo for Bengal fans. If management stands firm now, maybe some of us long-time fans will stay the course a little longer. Bring back the old stadium, an eleven game season and the train excursions.

18. Unfortunately,he will ultimately get his own way,the Browns will sign him to a ridiculous contract,the season will start,and the same naive fans that buy PSL's will love him.It's not only the management of pro teams that baby these prima-donna athletes,the fans that root for any team also look the other way when one of their favorite players does anything wrong-i.e. Albert Belle.The players and their agents know that they can demand anything they want,and eventually it will come to them-if not from one team,then another.I blame all of this on the greedy players first,then a certain number of corrupt owners(Steinbrenner!),and lastly on the fans themselves for buying tickets and merchandise helping to support the idiocy.I used to love pro sports,I could give a rats *** for it now.

19. they will never find a helmet big enough for his swelled head, or face mask big enough to cover his big mouth.

20. Fishintiger- he had a bad senior for many reasons, but is an unbelievable talent. He made plays that no NFL player could have made last year. He IS NOT worth that much money though.

Catking- You have no idea how true your comment is in this situation Winslow II was accuatley an "undecided" major for three years in college. HA so you are exactly right he did nothing in college to get an education.

Unfortunatley the browns will give up the money to get him becuase he is too good to give to someone else kind of like what happend with Vick coming out of college.