Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been there lately? Wondering if the panfish are hitting and how the algae situation is. Water should be cooling a bit and things should be heating up any time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My buddy said the perch are heating up a bit....

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got two Fri. eve. Think we need a few more cool days with cooler nights to turn them on(all fishing for that matter). Still a lot of algae floating and discoloring the water from the heat.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weather 92 on Tuesday sure won't help. When I was out last I noticed a few boats were "trolling? " as slow as their electrics would move them. Is this some "new " technique for Wft?? Not sure what the programs were but one guy had a panfish basket out. Never saw him add to it as he went past. Maybe some kind of " search " method? We used to troll for walleye there by dragging twistertail jigs like that but that was when there were some to find.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I've seen people trolling out there as well, but haven't seen them catch anything yet. I usually drift fish or anchor.

The water looked too green to me on Saturday when we were walking the dog at the park. Found a goose on the shallow water ramp that was dead. Don't know if a hunter forgot it there, or it crawled out of the water and died. Looked like it had just died that day though. I threw it in the weeds.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Went past the park today and drove thru. Noone visiting as it was cool and rainy. The water near shore was heavily laden with the "green paint" algae. Cooler temps should help knock this out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trying to decide between wingfoot and mogadore for tomorrow morning. Is the water still bright green at wingfoot? With the weather so cool the last few days i'm hoping it cleared out a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts