Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How-Do Friends

Best man and I are giving Wingfoot a try later this evening. Any basic advice would be helpful...not looking for hot spots...just some help for a stream fisherman who only fishes a lake 1 or 2 times per year. Heard early and late in day works best, hope to toss a crawler on bottom and cast crankbaits topside!!

Ohio Kingfisher...I Cast in Current

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
How-Do Friends

Best man and I are giving Wingfoot a try later this evening. Any basic advice would be helpful...not looking for hot spots...just some help for a stream fisherman who only fishes a lake 1 or 2 times per year. Heard early and late in day works best, hope to toss a crawler on bottom and cast crankbaits topside!!

Not sure what you're "targeting" but either method should produce "something".
The crawler on bottom should attract a lot of(possibly) perch, bullheads, gills, or crappie-esp. some of the hoards of smallish crappie! Good luck

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
We just hit the Foot this a.m. Bounced crawler harnesses all over for perch with little bait robbers ripping us off. We found the crappies that were very willing to bite from the 7.5 - 9" range. No bluegill at all. Talked to a guy at the ramp who was bass fishing. He said he did well with 5 caught. We got off around 10ish when it really warmed up. If I was to go again I'd go at sunrise and try to target bass for the fun of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How-Do Friends

Many thanks for the WingFoot input...very helpful. Ended up catching nothing with the nightcrawler on the bottom, but....Had a blast cranking my Strike King Bitsy Minnow "Black and Charturese". Happy to land 10 black crappie, while loosing at least 3. Awfully nice place...look forward to returning, even though I am an avid stream fisherman!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fished there from 6am to bout 1230 had one 15 inch bass lost one about 3 lbs on the tire reef got three dink bass on a green spinner and a 9 inch perch on a crank bait

1 - 5 of 5 Posts