Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up Wingfoot tonight in the kayak from 4-7:30. Caught 15 decent perch, biggest was about 10 in. Also caught a couple gills. All were caught on a double minnow drop shot rig, in 9-10 fow, 1-2 ft off the bottom. They hit hard and fast for the first 2 hours and then it slowed way down.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Sounds good. I wish I could ask you a couple questions but seems you covered pretty much all of them! Trying to get out there but seems there's always something "more pressing"!!(if you get my drift!)-and I live in the same township!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are there good spots to fish from shore? I have only fished wingfoot by boat in the past and want to take the kids without spending a ton on boat rental. Thanks !

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Go into the main park off Waterloo. You can fish just about everywhere except behind the managers residence! Some kids were catching crappie off shore Wednesday between the dog park and the residence.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Fish from my boat for 4 hours today. I caught 2 crappie 1 channel cat and 1 large mouth bass all on minnows. The bite was very quick and light and I was drifting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I fished Friday evening and only had 2 keeper crappie and caught some small perch. Crappie were hitting the surface all over around the tire island by the main park, but I couldn't get them to bite on minnows 2' below a bobber. I blame it on the blue skies and east wind.

·
Registered
528 Posts
North side of island by park managers house on island side of channel through there we parked in 8' and castes out to 11' and drifted minnows on slip bobbers just above bottom. Light bite had to pay attention. Good action until clouds and front with wind changing from north to east rolled in sat. Afternoon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My grandpa and i fish wingfoot quite often and hardly ever get skunked...
I think our slowest day was still pretty good given it was spitting rain all day that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts