Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched before daybreak out of lakeshore with good friends Moke(ogf) and keith.setup 11 miles ne pulling colorados behind divers.mixed veg and margarita were hot .....again! Morning was slow for us until we made a few adjustments to our program and traded a board for a diver on each side.In hind sight should have ran 6 divers,fish are deep! best speed for us was 1.6 and all the fish O's came from the divers down deep.Found an active pod around 11am and kept circling until we captured our limit.Lake was beautiful for a change with just a chop most of the day.Awards ceremony was a good time as i got to compare stories with other ogfer's.Nice to finally meet Workdog and Patrick(Topstroke).Cant wait to do it again next year!Enjoy the pics.
Jake, i added a few extra for you lil buddy...wont be long and you'll be reelin in the big ones too.

Moke in action...lake was awesome

cooler pic for carpetbagger..did you measure your big five today?lol

measuring was fun

then there were 4

then there were 5!

Rattler wishn he was still on the lake

·
After Eyes
471 Posts
nice meeting ya also was definately a fun day workdog and i just couldnt find the hawgs but not for lack of effort cuz he took me to the maple leafs lol very dark out there at 5:30 am

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Double J,Nice catch out there. How did you guys place? Man,you had a great year fishing. CW

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
I wondered where all those hogs went..you must have trolled in front of me! :D:D Nice catch...that is one impressive cooler!!!! :B

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Thanks for the cooler pic....lol

I called you yesterday morning but got your voicemail...

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Nice meeting you guys too Jeff! As it was, we ended up right behind you in the standings. The top 6 or 7 were all within 3-4 inches of each other. We were hoping to pick up that last game winner to switch out our non-fish O fifth fish but couldn't make it happen. Those blinking red lights on the Canadian side made it seem like Christmas before first light. Too bad Santa couldn't drop a present on us while we were up there. :p

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear ya Jeff.I too was hoping #18 was a kicker but it didnt happen. Need to set my goal higher next time lol.( my goal was a 28in avg and i nailed it with 140inches for 6th place out of 35...how weird is that)
on a side note I sent Workdog a pm that my goal was 140 and he said "then my goal is 141". what were the chances of that???

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Good fishing there bud! Great pics with some awesome fish. Keep this up and you may have a bunch of print on those white T-shirts next year..lol. Congrats to Jesse and Gribble on their first place win. We may never hear the end of that one:Banane35:
Who are all those guys in that last boat? Some of them look familiar:confused:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Those 30 plus inch fish were playing hide and seek for sure,and they won!! never caught so many 28's in one day and was dissappointed by it. We truly are blessed and spoiled by this Great lake!! Awesome day on the big lake, and nice talking to everyone at the weigh in!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wanted to thank JJ and Keith for such a good day on the lake and those hogs were a bonus.
When the chips were down, Jeff and Keith turned things around for us.
We have one of the best fisheries in the US right here in our backyard. We are so luckey.
It was nice to meet some of the people from this board at the turny yesterday.

As you can see from the pics we did pretty good yesterday.
I'll work on the T-shirts for next year..

stay safe.

·
Bud n Burgers
2,542 Posts
I hear ya Jeff.I too was hoping #18 was a kicker but it didnt happen. Need to set my goal higher next time lol.( my goal was a 28in avg and i nailed it with 140inches for 6th place out of 35...how weird is that)
on a side note I sent Workdog a pm that my goal was 140 and he said "then my goal is 141". what were the chances of that???
After we prefished Friday I and saw the sizes, I told the guys that evening over beers I thought we would need 145 to even have a sniff. We ended up Saturday with 141.750 for fourth and I think 144 was tops, is that correct? Wasn't as tough as I thought but a 28.8 average is pretty nice. You won't find that many other places in a tourney like this. Crazy thing was Friday we had only two drops but Saturday we had several. I personally had three, and two felt like they would have been close to measure, possible game changers, but I'm sure that happened to the winners as well. Just glad I never actually saw them, that just makes it hurt more and I probably would have thrown myself out of the boat. We fished with Paul on the Great Lakes and he and Chris did an outstanding job. We caught 57 fish in the two days that went over 300 lbs, remarkable. We caught our four man limit on Friday in two hours, which was actually too fast. We were hoping for a little slower bite that would allow us to pin point the fat boy pattern. Saturday we had one of our team get jammed up and, we didn't want to go without him, so we didn't get out till 7:30. The bite was a good bit slower but still awesome and a fourth place in the tourney was respectable. Paul and Chris worked hard to put us on fish but it was up to us to put them in the box, maybe we left a few inches out there who knows. Didn't realize so many other OGF'ers were there, wish I would had a chance to meet some of you, I need to work on my social skills a bit. Had an interesting near encounter with an ex OGF guy on the water though that just left me saying...seriously. This is a really nice event where wives, kids, and grand kids can come out and have a great time, mine did. Paul was a big sponsor this year and we plan on pitching in as well next year. See you all there, and I hope a bunch more, next August. I'm bringing my big boy game next year. ;)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Does anyone know how many individuals were in the am side?

As Gotone said the bite and size of the fish we pulled was absolutely the beat big fish bite I have ever been part of! Thanks Mike, steve and rattler for the memories!

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone know how many individuals were in the am side?

As Gotone said the bite and size of the fish we pulled was absolutely the beat big fish bite I have ever been part of! Thanks Mike, steve and rattler for the memories!
we have to admit we're spoiled when a 7 pounder in the net disappoints everyone in the boat.

nice talking to you guys at the awards ceremony.:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts