close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Window Blinds? Need Octagon Shaped

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tpet96, Apr 14, 2005.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Gang,

I have an octagon shaped window. I need to get a window blind for it in it's location. I have the measurements, but am having a hard time up here finding places that sell them or custom order them. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Cut out the octagon window and make it a square.... :eek: Seriously, I'm not sure that I have ever saw blinds for a window like that. I know I built a lot of houses with small octagon windows, but they were all high above the door. I figured that just left them open to let light in. They were all too tall to look into, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone cover one up. Good luck with the hunt,

Kevin

3. Man, thats a good one. :D Sounds like something my wife would say. Contrary to what you may believe, the blind doesn't have to be of the exact shape of the window. i.e. you can use a square blind for an octagonal window as the people outside only see that the blind is pulled not that the blind is not octagonal shape like the window. If you insist on an octagonal window covering, us a piece of cardboard and cut it out so that it barely fits in the window. I have one of those little octagonal windows in a bathroom and when I am standing there taking a leak, I feel like the world is watching and I get stage fright, so I put up the cardboard cut out I was talking about.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

They do sell octagon blinds.....I can get one custom ordered in California....LOL....but would rather go with someone local. :) Might have to go with a anti-glare coating or something on the window if I cannot get one. The location this time of year puts a large beam of light right onto the TV screen. Moving the TV is not an option. Need to solve the window problem. LOL.

5. Check Home Depot Or Lowes........