Wind Power

Discussion in 'OGF Member Service Directory' started by Riverman, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Riverman

Riverman Banned

0   0   0

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

0   0   0

You are not far from my Fathers weld shop and since he is retired now he loves to have a project to get out of the house. He is an inventor himself and would probably enjoy talking to you. Send me a pm if you would like to contact him, I'm interested myself but am 2 hrs away. What type material are you looking at using? Al,SS or Ti..

3. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

0   0   0

What material is it made of and how much does that thing weight? From your drawings and scale, the blades are 7 feet wide! It seems like things could be lightened up a bit with carbonfiber or such for the blades and connecters, considering an incredible amount of wind pressure would be required to move such mass and create such high torque. Due to this, you might need to cut down on the size of the blade to increase the RPM's.

I like your idea, how long you been scratching this itch?

4. Riverman

Riverman Banned

0   0   0

I don't know what size is best for prototyping but alluminum or sheet metal blades would make sense. It is only a conceptual design at this point and I hope a builder will know what is best. Blade shape and tie-rod arm length will probably need to be modified to make it rotate smoothly.