close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wills Creek/Salt Fork Flatties 5/28,5/30

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Hoss5355, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Started out Friday night planning on hitting Salt Fork, but then decided to check out Wills Creek. It was high, but not moving real fast, so we decided to stay there. First flatty hit at 9:00 and was just under 10 lbs. He hit on a 8 inch chub. Threw that line back in, and about 15 minutes later had another good run. Set the hook on that one, but it popped off. About 5 minutes later, got another run and hooked up with one right under 25 lbs. This one took a big gill. Had a couple other small runs but didn't catch another one Friday night. Ran out of bait by 11:30 p.m.

Sunday night fished Salt Fork in a new spot and had a good run at a little before 11. We missed that fish, but then about 12:45 started to rain a little bit, and all the channel cat people left. As soon as all the lanterns were gone we had a real good run. Hooked up with a 17 pounder. It hit a gill on the bottom. No runs after, but it started to rain pretty good. Headed home at 2.

Overall a pretty good two nights compared to last year. Hopefully next weekend will be even better. I'll have to take the camera just in case. Tight lines,

Kevin

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice, Glad to hear people are catching some flatheads.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey hoss,

Were you fishing at Kimbolton??? I am thinking of trying there this coming weekend! That is if it is fishable! :rolleyes:

4. No, we weren't fishing at Kimbolton, we were farther south on some private ground. I would imagine that the water is rolling pretty good over the bridge if that's where you normally fish. I haven't been up at Kimbolton in the last couple weeks, so I don't know what it is looking like. I know that it is still high around Cambridge still. Let me know how you do if you head there this weekend. I haven't decided where we are going to fish yet, but it will depend a lot on the weather between now and then. I hope Wills Creek isn't any higher than it was last week. Tight lines,

Kevin