Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this lake in my southern ohio fishing guide book. Says its got musky, pike, walleye, saugeye, and flathead!? Holy hell! Anyone ever fish it? Thinking of trying my luck there Saturday morning or evening.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
372 Posts
Probably should be in SE Ohio section, but I don't judge. ;) Yeah it has saugeye and flatheads. Haven't heard of any pike or musky, and there is probably some walleye. But the lake is VERY shallow, as in only 12-15 ft deep at its maximum. I don't know how pike and musky would be able to handle the water temps in summer, since it's pretty far south, and it's so shallow. Wills Creek itself is extremely polluted, at least around Cambridge, but I don't know about the lake. Personally, I wouldn't eat any fish out of Wills Creek for my life, because it would probably cost me it. But I hear the lake has pretty good fishing. Good luck.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Its alright for largemouth. Its basically a silted in swamp with very little access to water deep enough to hold fish. Even the boat ramp in silted in for the most part. The best fishing there is below the dam, some decent fish run up there from the Muskingum River. The old state record saugeye was caught there sometime around the late 80s by Bill Seever but the fishing even below the dam has declined bigtime since then.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea. Well from this fishing book i got it claims musky and pike are there and says its avarage is 4-5' deep. Who knows. Sounded good lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
342 Posts
There is a possibility of any fish that swims in Salt Fork or Seneca being in there but when you see the "lake", you will see why they are not in there like they could be.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My buddy has a cottage down there on the lake that we camp at during the summer. We always catch a ton of catfish and usually some beastly flatheads. Its the best catfishing I've seen...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts