Willard Res 2 Night!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Korbas1, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Korbas1

Korbas1 Member

Will be headin to willard Reservoir around 6, for some walleye action. I have tried something different and it seems to work Quite well for the larger fish. I will post Results.

2. I have tried to fish there for walleye probably 4 times with no luck at all!! Care to share a little secret with me? I know dusk is usually best for them, just don't know how to fish for them from shore. Any info would be appreciated. BTW, how was your night there, any eyes?

3. Korbas1 . .. how did the fishing go? Catch any Walleyes? I am thinking of going up there this weekend.

4. Korbas1

Korbas1 Member

Sorry for the late reply. Fishing was not that good from the boat, couldn't buy a walleye bite. Did manage a 5lb channel cat on a crankbait though. and 2 fish ohio rock bass. I talked to 2 guys on a boat that said they had no luck with the perch eitther. However, with this cold front, I will be fishing this weekend also.

5. Korbas,

Keep us posted as to how you do this weekend. I wasn't able to get out to fish . . . maybe mid-week though.

6. bassmanmark

bassmanmark Workin' is for Suckers

Try using leeches under a slip bobber off shore...wait till water temp comes down a bit and fish the wave side. Will catch bass also.

7. Fished New London Res. yesterday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and caught 1 medium size rock bass on a Rapalla . . .. no walleyes . . . no smallmouth? I tried trolling lindy rigs with worms, and small crankbaits, all with no luck. Tried tossing skirted jigs (yellow) with worms . . . again no luck. Maybe I will try Willard res with your recommendations, i.e. leeches w/slip bobber. Have you been catching any wallys recently with this method on Willard? If so, what time of day/night? Also, where can I get leeches near Willard?