close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

will they start biting now?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by leckig, Aug 15, 2005.

1. The weather changed dramatically - what do you guys think? I hope it will be much better now....

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

it can only get better .... :)
    and since the moon is getting brighter, i'll definitely be out..

3. AK - do not forget you promised me get together carping long time ago! I have not gone for a serious carping at Alum or Hoover since, hm, 6 weeks? I do not count this 1-hour trips to Olentangy or Scioto.

4. crappielooker

i remember.. right now its kind of slow.. i'll get with you.. now that my old partner turns quacky for the quackers!.. :eek:

5. OK, we will get them Ak!

6. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

7. no worries Ak. We can fry these Olentangy Salmons :)

8. crappielooker

no thanks.. i'll stick with giant eagle special.. i don't want to glow in the dark.. :rolleyes:
    btw, got up early and went to fish this morning.. the fish are starting to feed again.. good times..good times.. :)
    bigchessie.. hell yeah, i'll eat them like they are goin outta style.. can u say roast duck noodle? :D

9. where did you go Ak? If I am in Columbus this weekend, I will go somewhere and catch some big ones. well, at least I will try

10. crappielooker

i fish by campus today.. just trying to get my fall bites ready.. :D

11. I hope so.....I haven't had a good carp trip in several weeks.

12. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Learn how to fish, carp are easy to come by! :p :p :p

13. Kyle - this is what I was thinking. In April, when catching good carp took 15 mintes on average in good spot

14. Yeah.....they must be easy to come by......in parks and the zoo.

15. crappielooker

good carp trip.. is that the ones where you lost the rod and reel? :D

16. I had a good trip 2 weeks ago at the Ohio River. It was still hot then and this mild spell is only temporary. Its supposed to be hot and humid this weekend. I would be more concerned with wanting more rain than cooler temps. The rain early this week helped a little but we need way more than that. If we don't get some rain soon the carping will be down until we get much cooler temps in late Sept or early Oct. I am hoping to head back down to Pike Island during the 3rd weekend in Sept, when the Bucks play San Diego St. The carp should be cranking even better than a few weeks ago and the size should be better to.

Jake

17. crappielooker

we need more than rain.. i prefer some kind of monsoon..lol.

18. We're supposed to get some rain the next three days......probably just pop up and brief down poors.....just enough to make the day miserable.

19. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

You guys just don't get it, mother nature is trying to tell you it is time to put up the poles and get out the shotguns!

20. crappielooker

no.. its telling us to keep going and keep the fish fed.. and/or possibly establish a feeding ground.. heck, i'm sure u can hunt and fish at the same time..lol
    i might just throw up my phone for u to use as a target.. :D