Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And if it does, will the predicted string of rain days end?

We go from unbearable heat/humidity to norther blows and rain.

This sucks!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Weather extremes have been par for the course this year! Will this weather help bring those eyes back toward the Western Basin?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Tell me about it! I'm on vacation this week and was planning on fishing for walleye today and tomorrow and for perch on Thursday, but now I'm stuck at home doing laundry. I knew I should have taken last week off...

·
gray panther
701 Posts
Weather extremes have been par for the course this year! Will this weather help bring those eyes back toward the Western Basin?
There have been eyes in the west end all summer. got tough due to weeds couple weeks ago but there was a good trolling bite just before the storms.
Casters were doing good (not limits) around reefs and islands.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I find it kinda strange...September is typically the most mild month of all. Pleasant day time temps, cooler at night. Typically not much rain. When I look back at the last two years on the lake though, Septembers have basically sucked. I blame it mostly on the effects of all the tropical storms/hurricanes etc.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The fishing Gods got such a kick out of giving us a crappy April that they decided to do a sequel in September! Not a day of work scheduled all week and we get north winds and 6 footers.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Not sure where I heard it or read it but in Sept and Oct. once she turns NE you can count on at least three days of it. This is true much more often than not.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not sure where I heard it or read it but in Sept and Oct. once she turns NE you can count on at least three days of it. This is true much more often than not.
I heard that from old timers in the 50s when I was a kid and it's still true to this day.3 day blow.More often then not it is true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts