Will spring ever get here ?????????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sprint 290, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Sprint 290

Sprint 290 I feel the need for speed

I don't know about most of you but I've just about had my fill of this Ohio winter weather. I'm really pumped about getting out to do some fishing.

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

its comin', its comin'

I too cannot wait.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

just got off the phone with longbarbels.we both came to the conclusion that this weather...SUCKS!!!!!!!!

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I am so glad we have this Global Warming thing going on. Just think how bad it really could be. :rolleyes:

5. stormfront

stormfront Guest

can't believe we are getting hit again. hey tox, you going over to the show this weekend? think i may be there sat. afternoon.

6. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I probably won't go this year. It was elbow to elbow last year. If I do go, I'll have my OGF hat on.

7. c'mon now guys.......whats fishing if it ain't 30 or belowe degrees and raining out????grab some extra socks and shoes and go fishing....lol....if it was 0 degrees outside and you had a 12 point buck you been chasing for 3 days you would be out there...lol.....man i cant wait to get my lines in the water now that hunting is nearing a end and i know nothing of yote hunting ill be out there snow,rain or shine:F

8. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Will Spring ever get here.

Yes.

as quick as you want it to

no but it is coming

9. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I think we exhausted the raising the horsepower threads, and everyone is done looking for "cheap trucks". It's kind of hard to troll dipsy's and boards with ice on the lake LOL. Deer seasons over and I don't yote hunt (Should Start). So there is nothing left to do, except bitc$ about the weather. :p

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

damn,the rain finally changed to big steady snowflakes here in newark:mad:
    guess i'd better put the shorts and tee shirts back in the drawer for now:rolleyes:

11. snowing hard in Middletown right now.

It seems every year I start getting the cabin fever about now. I do have access to a small 2 acre pond that never freezes due to the aerators/fountains. I usually end up over there first part of March using ice jigs and spikes cathing dink bluegills just to get out!

12. Last year the daily highs for February didn't look any better than this year. How come the cabin fever seems worse this year :confused:.

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that's right.but the second half looked better with highs from mid 30's to the 60+ mark.
    looks like it's gonna be a little later this year

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think what makes things bad this year is the fct that december and january last year were lots warmer overall than this year,so it really has been a long winter this year in comparison.

15. Ya know when I was racing motocross....a group of us would load up and head south to slightly warmer climates for an extened weekend just to help ease the pain of waiting for warmer weather around here. I am thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to hitch up the boats and do the same thing!! Watching the Bassmasters this weekend REALLY got me in the mood to wet some line for sure!!!

16. The 2nd half of Feb 2007?? According to weather underground we only had one day over 45° last Feb, and that was 53° on 2/25/07.

I think you hit the nail on the head though. Dec/Jan '06-'07 was MUCH warmer than Dec/Jan '07-'08, so the winter didn't seem as long.

17. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I saw a Robin yesterday at Wills Creek, I heard the Red Winged Blackbirds are heading North and the days are getting considerably longer. Morel Mushroom posts of findings are beginning to come in from the South and West Coast. I will be finding shrooms in 5 weeks at most, you just can't stop Spring from coming!!;) Hang in there, it's right around the corner better hurry and finish the Honeydo list, get the reels respooled and the tackle organized because it's almost here!!

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

terry,that's where i get my info.of the last 12 days last february,9 had highs above 35,with a few in the 40',50's 60's.those temps were fairly common in the 2 preceeding months though.

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

oops,make that 8 out of last 10 days.here are the stats for 18th to 28th.

Actual: 37 | 10
    Precip: 0.00
    Average: 42 | 22
    Precip: 0.08
    Actual: 57 | 5
    Average: 44 | 25
    Precip: 0.10
    Actual: 64 | 33
    Precip: 0.17
    Average: 42 | 24
    Precip: 0.06
    Actual: 54 | 30
    Average: 45 | 23
    Precip: 0.05
    Actual: 37 | 28
    Average: 48 | 26
    Precip: 0.09
    Actual: 30 | 19
    Average: 45 | 25
    Actual: 33 | 16
    Precip: 0.05
    Average: 42 | 26

Actual: 50 | 30
    Precip: 0.36
    Average: 40 | 24
    Precip: 0.04
    Actual: 36 | 30
    Average: 41 | 22
    Precip: 0.06
    Actual: 35 | 30
    Average: 44 | 25
    Precip: 0.03
    Actual: 42 | 21

20. Here's the link I'm using for Feb '07. Where do you see 60s :confused: :D.