close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will Mellon be here tonight?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Aug 19, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

As some of you know Mellon chickened out on our last fishing trip..He is supposed to be at my house tonight at 11:30....He was also supposed to be able to get bait which he was unable to do agin :mad: ..I got some small bait, not expecting much..I guess if he just shows up it will be a plus.

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I've got bait, you know my number! What gives!!!??

3. flathunter

Tom, I dont have your number, maybe Bryan does..Man my spots are hard to fish, are you sure you want to try them?

If it dont storm to bad we are going agin tomorrow evening, you are welcome to go if you want...Really I hope it does storm up untill we leave it may turn the fish on.

4. ya i think a good rain will turn them on real good.

5. flathunter

Me and Bryan went out friday and saturday night, not a hit..Did not help it got up to 102 degrees here today.

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

The place I work at had a huge fish fry. This whole weekend I was tied up, but had a blast none the less :D

I had to be there for the whole event. I'm off Monday, Tuesday, Wendsday - heading to SE Ohio to do some flatheading with a friend over there since no one wants to fish with me down here :(

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

This weekend was an absoulete waste. Nothing, Nada, I guess in comparison to the reports others have or have not had, Jack & I have been lucky so far, well at least I have, poor Jack is flatheadless since early June!!!!! ;)

A good friend once told me the best flathead fishing is during a drought. I think he was smoking crack.

8. flathunter

Bryan, your last post has set a record for typos.

9. H2O Mellon

GUys, I am surprised but my buddy Jack has went easy on me. Last night in the first 1 hour+ I had a pole in the water for a total of 10 minutes. We fised directly in the casting path of a huge tree. Yeap I hit that baby good! I think there is an 11 inch crappie on a Khale hook still hanging from the branch! I was so mad, I threw the rod on thr ground & gave up for a while. After being there for about an hours & a half I had both lines in the water, then thought I had a 10 or 15 flattie, turned out to be a monster fighting Softshell. I think the turtle was between 7-10 pounds, but he was a fighter thats for sure, darn near broke the freaking Glow Stick I was using. Guess that sort of answered the question whether or not those rods would handle a 30 flattie in a river. :rolleyes:

10. flathunter

Good job in correcting that post..I have a pic of that turtle I will post shortly..I hope the water cools down some by labor day..Looks like the end of september early oct before things heat up.

11. flathunter

Heres Bryan with his bigflathead of the night.

[​IMG]

12. H2O Mellon

Those are some sexy legs if I dont mind saying so.

13. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

14. H2O Mellon

15. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

That's a monster turtle!

Okay I'm heading out, hitting BPS then going flatheading for the next few days. I'll post results when I get back. I'll post a picture of his wife with one she got recently right before I leave.

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Okay here we go! This is my friends wife:

[​IMG]

Now, how many ways does that photo make you jealous?? :D

17. flathunter

Only one, the huge fish!

18. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

Heres one I caught Saturday Night @ Lake Logan, I think its bigger than Mellon's. :D

20lb Flathead
    [​IMG]

Cat Mazter

19. H2O Mellon

True............. but I didn't loose a $100 fish at the bank either!!!! :D That has to be tough. When (not if, but WHEN) I catch a big one, I will be bringing it to the scales ASAP. Get it weighed, wrote down & veriffied then I will go back out. This assures not only of a quick & secure weigh in but also it assures of a lively fish that is released. You can also make a very easy, cheap large aireator out of a billege pump & cooler. I have seen these systems mounted in Jon boats & have even seen some of the six foot coolers mounted like this. A six foot cooler should be able to hold any cat you'd be able to catch in Ohio!!!!! :B

How on earth are people only catching 3 & 4 pounds of catfiah & winning these tourneys? When I have fished Logan for cats, I've only been skunked once I think & we usually manage a 7 or 8 pounder, in addition to the small ones. I guess I'm going to have to enter the tourtneys & show you guys how its done. :D I juts hate giving up a potential river night to fish a lake, but I'm going to have to do it! :B

20. flathunter

I would rather be skunked on a river than fish a lake...LOL