Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I run the # 3 no problems there. I have ran the magnums not a ton yet. The do pull pretty hard but, if you were running multiple a side would not be a problem at all. Blue dolphin was running them I believe I'm sure he will chime in.
One thing for sure they have been working well!

bigeyezcharters.com

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yes they will.been running them more and more the last two weeks and no problem at all. Make sure you have the updated clips or 18 snapper clip front or 16 back set the line behind pin on or 16. Good luck fish strong. BD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Gary,
Maybe my styrofoam is old, but my Offshores run nose straight up with the Magnums ?? Have you experienced this ? Jay Couch gave me a suggestion on how to correct the problem, but I can't remember how ???

I pulled out a dusty pair of Church's Walleye boards and they have been able to handle them great and get em more off to the side of the boat. They do make it near impossible to notice the trash though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gr were you using a tattleflag on the Church board? I know those Magnums pull hard and was wondering if a tattle flag would even work. By the way I ended up with 5 walleye on Friday and was off the lake by 2:30.

·
2,416 Posts
I have offshore boards with tattletail flags & the snapper clip up front and the 16 on the back. I fish with 12 lb mono (big game) & find when running anything that pulls hard the line slips through the back clip (16) and takes out the slack required to make the flag work. Also causes the nose to ride up.

Anyone found a solution to this?

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
I have ran em' with both the Offshore OR 12's and the Church Walleye boards. They Mags definitely pull harder but either board will handle them. The Church board does handle them much better though. I put a tattle flag system(rubberband) with an OR 16 clip on the back of the Church board. I can read them pretty good...even with trash. Surprisingly I can't pull crap with them yet! I'm determined to get it worked out. If they get to dipsy depths they should be catching. I'm running em' at 1.5-1.7mph...they may perform better at faster speeds. I have done well with the #3 tadpoles and the Offshore boards handle them great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts