close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will crappie be cooperating thursday?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmeister, Oct 17, 2007.

1. I'm trying to figure out if I should play hookey tomorrow or not. Big front coming through tomorrow mid-day. Winds will start picking up with rain and SE winds in the AM, before front actually passes about 1-3 PM. Am thinking about hitting Alum Creek in the morning for crappie, but don't know if these weather conditions will turn them on or turn them off. Please advise.

2. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Hmmmmm let me think tomorrow morning early should be great!!! After that once the wind picks up my be tough. But they are starting to put the feed bag on.

3. I'd wait till after the Front in the evening

4. I decided to go to Alum this morning. Fished 7:30 to 2:30, caught 25 white crappie, 1 black crappie, 2 green sunfish, 1 yellow perch, and lost a really big carp. Caught on Jig/minnow or minnow tighlined, 4-10 ft. The bite was very light, and the fish turned on and off at least four times. Talked to some guys bass fishing, only had one largemouth. Saw a guy catch a nice saugeye beside the Cheshire Ramp in the afternoon. ODNR was lifting trap nets today above rt35 bridge- absolutely loaded with fish, but I couldnt see what kinds they were.