Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,376 Posts
I wont bother hauling the boat to Acton unless it dosent rain Sat, You might try Cambell Road reserve in Harrison Ohio, I fished there for a couple hrs yesterday and it looks ok, seeing the lakes there are old gravel pits it stays clear for the most part, I actually hooked a small N.Pike when dragging my drop shot rig, fiesty little guy he was! looked like Wilmington got hammered with rain yesterday so Id shy away from Cowan too! jmo

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
river rat
2,237 Posts
monday i drove to the maumee river where i caught that walleye check my post
print the pic out it's sideways

·
Not bothered about it
777 Posts
I wont bother hauling the boat to Acton unless it dosent rain Sat, You might try Cambell Road reserve in Harrison Ohio, I fished there for a couple hrs yesterday and it looks ok, seeing the lakes there are old gravel pits it stays clear for the most part, I actually hooked a small N.Pike when dragging my drop shot rig, fiesty little guy he was! looked like Wilmington got hammered with rain yesterday so Id shy away from Cowan too! jmo
Waitaminnit.

You caught a pike at Campbells? I thought they were all gone...

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,376 Posts
Gone? they stock them there, I had seen a med sized Pike cruseing the bank last Fall, they are in there

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,376 Posts
Crappiedude, I stand corrected, ended up hauling the boat to Acton today (Sunday) and the water was surprising for the rain we have had, a little murkey but not chocolate milk. Draggin a dropshot rig proved best today, a nice 14.5" Crappie and a 18" Channel cat, then the sunshine broke out and it got harder to find sizable fish, many 7"-8" Crappie and small to med sized Bluegills in the afternoon, ended up fishing a minnow under a bobber along the West shore in brush, and using a black and silver jig. Draggin the dropshot only produced small bites late in the day. Oh well I was happy to get out on the lake again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts