Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'll be heading out early. It's been for ever since I've had a big enough boat to comfortably get out on that lake. Finally got a bigger one that's finished up and I'll get it wet for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully we'll catch something, not even sure where to start and if nothing else we'll cut up some shad and try to catch a cat or two. If you're out there and see a green alum duck hunter green boat give me a wave!

·
Where's Waldo?
1,134 Posts
I'll be out early in my usual haunts. Can't go on Sunday this week. If it's as nice as predicted, the "recreational" boats will be out in force and I'll be gone by 11:00

See you out there.

MC

·
Registered
577 Posts
Tomorrow I'll be heading out early. It's been for ever since I've had a big enough boat to comfortably get out on that lake. Finally got a bigger one that's finished up and I'll get it wet for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully we'll catch something, not even sure where to start and if nothing else we'll cut up some shad and try to catch a cat or two. If you're out there and see a green alum duck hunter green boat give me a wave!

Be a bunch out in the am with a tourney Sunday.

·
Where's Waldo?
1,134 Posts
The one day that I was on schedule to be on the lake by 5:30 and I had to change a tire on my trailer. Heard this horrible thumping and found a tire that was bulging in every direction. At least it didn't blow or it would have been more than a 20 minute delay.

The lake was very nice again this morning. Lots of boats out - partially because of tomorrow's tourney. I'm not going to say much because of those who might be pre-fishing here. Let's just say I know of nice Walleyes caught jigging and trolling today. Still a pretty slow pick for most.

I'm going to miss the tourney - hope someone reports.

See you out there - probably Friday.

MC

·
CJ Wolfpack
472 Posts
Got there this morning around 7:30 running late saw lots of guys out +1 skier that early. We caught 1 dink,2 wb, and 3cats. Who was in the silver superduty today? At least we got out first time in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
CJ 6/27 Report: Water temp 83. Clarity was about 12" with brownish color.

We got a late start and didn't get on the lake until 11:00 am and fished until 4:00 pm. Saw a half dozen boats trolling the 5 ft drop off that runs east/west along the northeast bay on the main lake. Too many boats for me so I headed for the rocky shore line along the dam and trolled half way along it with various crank baits and the other half with erie deerys trailing night crawlers. Nothing. Decided to try elsewhere and ended up in the no wake zone on the north end of the lake. There was a slight breeze and decided to drift with minnows and night crawlers split shotted on the bottom. This was a very slow drift that took about an hour. Nothing. Did talk to a guy at the dam that said he had caught a 3 lb SM. The only concilation was it was a beautiful day with enough breeze to keep down the heat and the water is warm enough to take a plunge when it gets too hot.
________
Infant Depakote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts