Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was planning on making the 20 + mile run north on Sat. Now this weather forcast. Who believes it will lay down till morning. Who thinks it won't. I should wait till Sunday but Have a family reunion I should attend. Really wanted to go tommorrow. Anyone else planning on this Run. Channel 68?
I know there will be guys out there with the tourney on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm thinking of making a skinny water trip out of Wildwood. SKinny water has been productive this year, and we have plenty of fish in the freezer, so I think it's time to start some trial and error type fishing.

20 miles is a long run, and I'd love to do it once or twice, though.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Having made the run a few times, I'd say it depends on what the waves are when you go out. It can be tough fighting your way that far out, dead into 3 to 5's. The ride back in is ok though, much easier and faster with the following seas. If it were 10 years ago I'd be loaded and ready, but I am 55 and that ride out is starting to take it's toll. As for the family reunion, depends on the family I guess. I know I wouldn't even hesitate about missing mine.

·
aka iridealot9
745 Posts
made that run on tues in what they said were 1-3s, they were more like 4-6s with the occational 8 but the lake laid down around noon and it was very productive. anything orange was working for us i.e..perch, firetiger ect.. everthing was down deep and came on the #3 dipsy 200 back or #2 185 back

·
Registered
141 Posts
I plan on taking the chance. I will make the choice when we get there. Plans are to run out 17-20 miles. Hoping to make the water by 8:00. Monitor ch 68.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i would second the skinny water..... their there. you may have to feed more sheep head and the numbers aren't as great but we have had good success.
it would have to be a near perfect day for me to go 20+ miles out.....good luck.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After reading and rereading the weather for the fourth time going to hold off till Sunday. I hope my family understands I have an addiction. I have to make one of these runs while the steelhead are still there. Anyone care to comment about how long the steelhead will hang around out there in the 75/80 fow range. will they leave or do they hang around out there right into fall. Other question will they continue to bite. Thanks for any responses. I just don't want to miss a chance at em.Sounds like they are biting pretty decent now if you can get out to them when not working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts