Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got out on the water at about 6:10 with my brother and dad. And started trolling at about 6:15 or so. At 6:40 we hooked one and brought it in. It ended up being a 28" fish. About 7:15 we caught a sheephead, and at about 7:30 we hooked up with a BIG fish but lost it. We only stayed out until about 8:15 and came back in b/c the lights weren't working on the boat. Unfortunately, we didnt have the camera and the fish is already cleaned so no pics. Hoping to get back out this weekend. Good luck to all!

·
Whaler
3,199 Posts
My buddy and I were there yesterday too but we started at 11 Am and fished until around 8 PM. We wound up with ten Walleyes. He caught a 30 incher which was the biggest. The others ranged between 19 and 24 inches. He also caught one sheephead.
The bad thing about these Walleyes is that the only one to pull the line out of the clip on a planer was the 30 incher. All the others were hooked and just swimming along as we trolled. You couldn't even tell they were on the line until you reeled in to check it out.
We had fun though.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
If you get a decent pattern going you might want to try using rubber bands on your big boards rods, just put the rubber band around you line some guys do 75 and 100 back or increments of 25 however, they will usually pop when you have a fish on, if you don't want to do that another indicator is to just look down the tow line you can usualy tell if you got one tugging, that is if the jet rolls over. but you should be able to see the bow in line.

Or just try a different release, the 2003 fish should pop a big board trolling at over 2.0 mph.

Just a thought at detecting fish on big boards, some stuff I picked up from working it with my friends on there boats, I don't use them my boat is not ideal for them.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Rubber bands work well you see the stretch fish on! Also while trolling you need to ck. your lines every so often them sneaky little whitebass will latch on to the big spoons to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts