Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went NW...maybe half way to 72nd street. Large spoons....monkey puke best....running a little fast at 2.7-3.1. All biters were deep in 57-63 fow. Large dipsys with rings on 3 at 180-200 out.

We got a dozen with a steelie thrown in.

Added:
System keeps crashing...wrote it twice.

Fished with Flylogicsteelhead. Good fishin with ya. Launched around 6:30 with rods in around 7. Headed in around 1:45.

First two fish came in about 52 fow but the grazing herd was hangin between 57-63. A couple spoons with green/blue/silver also did well....dont know names. All fish 18-22".

·
Charter Captain
1,214 Posts
great job bob!!! we went out of edgewater and went for 70 fow ended up 9/15 on steelies.We turned around headed back to 66 fow and picked up 3 man ticket of eyes colors were stinger pox and fruit salad 3.5 @ 210 2.5 140-150 and 0 at 120 nothing fast but got them in with maybe 2 doubles.Them steelies are something else biggest was 27 with 4-5 around 24 awsome fish!!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leadcore....I wanna fish steelies with you!

Were your steelies going airborne today? The one we got never left the water until the idiot running the net (yours truely) slapped him on the head and p...ed him off.

Then he jumped over the boat......and flipped us the tail. A fish with an attitude!

Fixed him....put him on ice, told him to chill out.

What a beautiful fish.

·
captainhook
1,037 Posts
Bobinstow90, you always amaze me in your posts. Me and my buddy went out of 72nd and fished between 52 and 60 ft. We only got one walleye. We threw every color spoon that we had at them. However, we do not have any of the larger spoons. Also, we were trolling around 2 mph. We are rookies to the trolling scene this year but we are learning from guys like you. I even told my friend that I bet that Bobinstow is slamming them today. Great job, man.

·
Charter Captain
1,214 Posts
we had one snap a dipsey and spoon right off it looked like we hooked a whale.it was one after another with them steelies they would not stay off the lines any bright color got them i think it was shrimp that had 5 atleast and 1 fish that had about 5 ft of air he was mad. yeah anytime u wanna fish u let me know im just waiting for my boat to get fixed in the shop..

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moondog......truth...I caught two fish today.

That flylogicsteelhead guy that fished with me......he is like somekind of fish magnet or something. I kid you not.

We have all heard the saying "Speed Kills".......it was originally a quote from a walleye fisherman. No lie! Seems its not so much the color....it's the size, depth, and speed.

We put some small spoons in the water today and got only junk....not one eye. A month ago the exact opposite was true. It changes day to day and over the year.

For what it's worth, the ODNR officer who checked us said very few good catches came in today.

Keep fishin moondog...you are probably closer than you know to putting good numbers in the cooler. Always keep changing things.....speed, depth, size, color, spread from boat, location.

Best of luck and be safe out there.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leadcore...we had one leader break in the center....neither of us ever saw or heard the hit. 20 lb flouro leader material.

must have occured when we were in the middle of a fire drill.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Probably a kink or drag too tight! I do that at least once every trip(pick up a rod and try to tighten the drag only to notice that it's cranked tight-to reel in the previous whatever!
I bet one day soon, someone will catch a steelie with extra hardware in it's mouth. My son reeled in a brand new spinning rod(Kmart low buck model!) several weeks ago near the crib. Still had the sku sticker on it!

·
Registered
572 Posts
nice fishing bob!! - we had a steelie go about 10 foot airborne sat when we were out (its the one we lost) took our spoon with him. - the rest all came in without leaving the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts