Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Make Them Believers
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out the Harbor saw about 25 boats surrounding Linda May in about 37 foot of water! Turned the vhf radio on and heard a lot of guys asking Linda Mae if they were on fish, I quickly determined that if those boats are that close to one another asking if anyone is having any luck then they aren't doing well! I didn't bother driving through the pack and shot out to about 44 foot of water and marked some very nice fish! Dropped anchor, it took about 30 minutes before the first bite and I was thinking about moving! In my head I thought to myself I'm going to give it 5 more minutes then tell the guys to prepare for a move! Wham Rod starts going off, nice 12 inch perch comes up and then my other two guests gets hookups within 30 seconds! I look at the sonar and see fish under the boat stacked 4-7 foot high at times! We ran through 12 dozen minnows, 3 limits of Jumbos, I caught a lot of big Whitebass as a bonus! Fishing was soo fun today, I learned that with my settings the Whitebass showed up a different color on the Lowrance which was cool being able to predict which type of fish were going to bite at times! The perch gave off dark red to orange readings and the Whitebass had a green yellow look on the screen! One of my guest was a guy I met at Gordon park a few weeks ago, he asked if I ever had an open seat to call him! He had a great stringer! I took my Protege Stan the Mailman back with us! I was ready to drop a jigging spoon down and fill the boat with those Whitebass, I literally was using minnows that the perch were coughing up because there was unlimited Whitebass under the boat! But we decided to call it one hell of a day and head in! I radiod for everyone to head to my location since soo many were struggling in shallow! One person acknowledged my transmission and hopefully headed out! Water was lovely with a slight chop at times which helped the bite!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Holy Moly! Great job! I was planning a "small boat" trip there today but got tied up w/%#*% leaves! Thought tomorrow but now the wind looks a bit stiff for my 14 ft'r!? Jeez! Very nice of you to offer your spot. Not many of us around these days!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Way to go Girthline. That is quite the report. We were on the west edge of the pack away from the Linda Mae, and seemed to be the only ones having any luck

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You are a machine Girth! Love your reports while I'm at work downtown...looking at the lake going, man... Girth's out there killin 'em again lol Hope we can hook up soon before it gets too cold! Awesome job fellas!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice report Girthline. I was out there near the pack of boats without much luck. The fish in the area were moving around a lot. I moved several times to get what I did. When I would land on them I got them. Then they were gone. A lot of moves. Heard you on the radio and almost headed your way but hit a few more on my last move. Hand started to hurt a bit from pulling anchor so stayed put the last move. Not the greatest day but 16 real nice jumbos 12"- 14" and one 15" wht bass. also a 14" eye. By the way the fish seemed to prefer half shiner as to whole. The shiners I got were pretty big for the most part. They would hit the smaller ones OK.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Nice report Girthline. I was out there near the pack of boats without much luck. The fish in the area were moving around a lot. I moved several times to get what I did. When I would land on them I got them. Then they were gone. A lot of moves. Heard you on the radio and almost headed your way but hit a few more on my last move. Hand started to hurt a bit from pulling anchor so stayed put the last move. Not the greatest day but 16 real nice jumbos 12"- 14" and one 15" wht bass. also a 14" eye. By the way the fish seemed to prefer half shiner as to whole. The shiners I got were pretty big for the most part. They would hit the smaller ones OK.
Not much luck? I would never complain about only sixteen 12 to 14 inch jumbos. I had frozen shiners left over from tues and they were big too, I cut them in half and they worked just fine. I was missing too many bites with the whole shiner.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Girthline....doing things HIS WAY......Sooooo much to be gleaned from the words he types in his reports.

Great job man....and nice fish!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Came out the Harbor saw about 25 boats surrounding Linda May in about 37 foot of water! Turned the vhf radio on and heard a lot of guys asking Linda Mae if they were on fish, I quickly determined that if those boats are that close to one another asking if anyone is having any luck then they aren't doing well! I didn't bother driving through the pack and shot out to about 44 foot of water and marked some very nice fish! Dropped anchor, it took about 30 minutes before the first bite and I was thinking about moving! In my head I thought to myself I'm going to give it 5 more minutes then tell the guys to prepare for a move! Wham Rod starts going off, nice 12 inch perch comes up and then my other two guests gets hookups within 30 seconds! I look at the sonar and see fish under the boat stacked 4-7 foot high at times! We ran through 12 dozen minnows, 3 limits of Jumbos, I caught a lot of big Whitebass as a bonus! Fishing was soo fun today, I learned that with my settings the Whitebass showed up a different color on the Lowrance which was cool being able to predict which type of fish were going to bite at times! The perch gave off dark red to orange readings and the Whitebass had a green yellow look on the screen! One of my guest was a guy I met at Gordon park a few weeks ago, he asked if I ever had an open seat to call him! He had a great stringer! I took my Protege Stan the Mailman back with us! I was ready to drop a jigging spoon down and fill the boat with those Whitebass, I literally was using minnows that the perch were coughing up because there was unlimited Whitebass under the boat! But we decided to call it one hell of a day and head in! I radiod for everyone to head to my location since soo many were struggling in shallow! One person acknowledged my transmission and hopefully headed out! Water was lovely with a slight chop at times which helped the bite!
NICE JOB GIRTH,,, I KINDA LOOKED FOR YA BUT DIDNT SEE YOU WE WERE KINDA BUSY OUR SELF,,,,,SEE YOU NETH YEAY WALLEYE SEASON APRIL OR MAY FOR ME ,,,,,GOOD FISHING.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts